• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will The Surgeon Refuse Me The Operation.

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
I started my weight loss journey I have managed to lose almost 4 stone and I don't see him the surgeon until the 2nd June, so hopefully will manage to lose over 4 stone by the time I see him.

I'm a little worried that he will turn around and say as I have lost that amount of weight in the matter of 3 months, he don't think I need surgery anymore.

Can he do this?

Has it happened to anyone else?

I very much doubt he will do this - what you have done is shown him (or her) that you are serious about achieving a healthier life and you are getting yourself as fit as possible for the operation - if anything it should go in your favour that you are trying your best to lose before the op - the less anaesthetic in your body the better - keep up the good work - you are doing fab xx

I was under the impression that once funding was in place, that was it. Your surgeon will want you to loose as much weight as you can because it is safer for the op. So keep going, the op will happen.

I very much doubt he will do this - what you have done is shown him (or her) that you are serious about achieving a healthier life and you are getting yourself as fit as possible for the operation - if anything it should go in your favour that you are trying your best to lose before the op - the less anaesthetic in your body the better - keep up the good work - you are doing fab xx

I agree totally. Any WLS is not an easy option so you have to prove you can work with it. I was really good an my pre-op diet and a woman at work said that if I managed to stick to it for the 10 days that I did then why can't I do it all the time! I told her that I had to stick to it as I didn't want to risk the surgeon going in then changing his mind as my liver was too big.

Wow well done for losing so much, and no they wont refuse you the surgery, it does show you are committed and will work with the op.
The less weight on the operating the better xx

i know what you mean, I thought I was doing really well too pre op and was starting to doubt if I needed the op, but then I started to slip into bad habits again so I knew I needed the surgery as its so easy to go back to the old ways.

I agree totally. Any WLS is not an easy option so you have to prove you can work with it. I was really good an my pre-op diet and a woman at work said that if I managed to stick to it for the 10 days that I did then why can't I do it all the time! I told her that I had to stick to it as I didn't want to risk the surgeon going in then changing his mind as my liver was too big.

Isnt that the most annoying stupid statement that a person can make.!! Oh well, got that off my chest. My best friend of over 25 years said exactly the same to me when she commented how good I was being on my pre op diet.
I was actually shocked that maybe she didnt know me that well at all.:cry:
If only all the thin people out there realised that if all very overweight people could stick to diets - there would only be thin people out there!!:sigh:

Have to admit - I have had a bit of feeling like that myself today - If I can be so committed as I am now - why cant I do it all the way - like the Biggest Loser People - but like Debbie, I know I will slip back into bad habits, and with my other co-morbidities I know it takes longer for it to shift! 11 days to go and I am sure I wont be having any more wobbles!!

Hi Ruth

I am sorry but I have to disagree 11 days left and no more wobbles!! I hope for your sake you are right but I was a complete mess, 1 day yes all systems go the next I dont need it I can do it myself, this happened right up to the day of the operation lol

Good luck your day will be here before you know it xx

He'll be so happy (and suprised!) that you've lost so much weight. Purely because most don't. So he'll be happy. If your funding is in place they CAN remove it from you (one of my friends had it taken from her) BUT if your bmi is still over 50 then you're fine!

He'll be so happy (and suprised!) that you've lost so much weight. Purely because most don't. So he'll be happy. If your funding is in place they CAN remove it from you (one of my friends had it taken from her) BUT if your bmi is still over 50 then you're fine!

Well, now my BMI is down too 45.2 but I do have sleep App as well, and high blood pressure, so hope this helps me.

Well, now my BMI is down too 45.2 but I do have sleep App as well, and high blood pressure, so hope this helps me.
Co-morbities are more important than having a bmi of 50!! If someone has serious co-morbities they can still qualify for a band if their bmi is low, So I'm sure you'll qualify for a bypass :)

Back