• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will it stop?

What about resistance work with weights?

I'm going to check that out. Do you do it?

Yes I do a body conditioning class and I have 3kg weights at home to try and tone my arms up!

You may just be getting very fit and toned you know. Are you taking measurements?

Carebear, I felt the same way around feb time. I was stalling and convinced I would never hit a healthy weight for me. It took a lot of playing around to find my groove - don't give up on yourself honey.

I took measurements in the beginning but haven't since. I'm a scale slave and like to see the numbers move. I can see the difference in my body but the scales don't match. Thanks hun for your help.

I'm going to look for a dvd and heavier weights that I can do at home before I go to a class and embarrass myself lol.

Some people loose amazingly fast, and its amazing to see. But I can't help but feel its quite intimidating for us folks that dont loose quickly. I find myself comparing myself with others far too often, and I feel that I am not loosing quickly enough etc. I have to push those thoughts that this is the honeymoon period, its my golden opportunity blah blah blah.
When I saw my dietician a couple of weeks ago, she said I was doing well. She said that I'm 7kgs ahead of my projected weight loss at 3 months, which shocked me no end. So maybe the figures we see are not so representative as we imagine.
I dont think I'll get to my personal goal either, which is a shame as I wont be eligible for IVF until I do. But whatever happens, I know my health will benefit in the future, and its been and continues to be an amazing life experience. Its helping me change my relationship with food, something that has distressed me my whole life.

I am the same, a numbers and scales slave. I know you count cals - are you eating enough? Are you getting enough protein?

Yve your my inspiration as well as many others on the forum,everyones loses keep my mind focused on keeping it up even if I'm not losing lol. I'll keep trying for as long as it takes

Also another thing to remember is that 5 stone is average weight loss in the first year. The ones like me are above average and frankly bloody lucky. But a bit like Fiona says, it can mess around peoples expectations. Especially as we're the ones more likely to stick around and celebrate our losses. My team would be happy for me to stall now and stop losing. I'm not going to let it happen, but that's entirely my choice

I am the same, a numbers and scales slave. I know you count cals - are you eating enough? Are you getting enough protein?

I got 80g of protein today but only 630 cals. I get about 70g normally but my teams says 60-80. I just think my body is rebelling against all the yrs of food abuse. How you going to stop the weight loss from stopping Yve?

Yes Fiona my team keeps telling me not to compare but its sooo hard not too:( I hope you make your goal hun and get the chance of having IVF.

Right now my attitude is that it's going to happen, might take a while but I'm going to make happen.
How many carbs are you taking in? Having a protein rich diet is great (especially if you are a man or have pcos), but we need a balance of macronutrients. You need carbs to fuel your brain. To me 630 calories seems far to low. I don't know how you keep going on that!

Eat according to what is right for me. Basically be aware of my MBR which is quite high anyway. And then stay around 100-150 cals below it. I think you may well e eating too little though care bear. If you're doing all that exercise as well you need enough cals. To support it.

My cals are low because I eat low fat. If I ate normally they would be higher I'm guessing. I use to avoid carbs but starting from today I added some into one meal(Breakfast biscuit) I use to have sandwich thins but they are too filling then I'm left panicking all day about not getting enough protein in. I dread adding normal fat food now because I'll probably just gain weight. I feel ok on it as my hunger hasn't returned yet. my dizzy spells and low blood pressure are my only issues, I thought the bypass would make me healthy and so far I've develop these new issues

How will you gain weight on less than 1000 cals? I'm not being funny but 600 cals isn't enough for your body to function let alone lose weight. Not to mention you're also exercising. I'm not surprised you're having dizzy spells and you've stalled.

Your right but it's really hard to know what to do when my team are telling me my cals are fine and not to up them. I saw my surgeon last wk and mentioned the dizzy spells that are worst after I exercise and he said just keep on working out. I'm following their pouch rules and its not working so I might as well go it alone and find something that works for me. Thanks for your advice ladies.

I agree up those cals. I try to stick to 1200 a day. Oh and redo your measurements, it might spur you on :)

i tend to be realistic in whats achievable the bariatric team do have alot of experience and quiet often are right that said everyone is different so nothing is out of reach if you want it enough

Yep I know what you're saying but we are all individuals and that's when averages aren't helpful b

This isn't entirely true. Some bariatric dieticians are outstanding but not every single one. I worry about the dietician who will tell a patient that they can live and work on 600 cals a day- you need more than that to stay alive. Your BMR is the basic amount of cals your body needs to function. You need to be at most 300 cals below this to lose. Also I went to the dieticians asking for help to keep losing - they refused to saying that they didn't want me to diet and my body was coming to its natural resting point. It hasn't believe me - I'm now back to losing around 7lbs a month.

Yve I agree and I think my team are rubbish even though they are not new at this. My surgeon is one of the regulars on embarrassing bodies. Having them is making me regret my bypass terribly. Anyway today i've upped my cals and had carbs so i'll just have to wait and see :D

Back