• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will it stop?

Oh sorry that is annoying! Lamb and I both had the sleeve x

I don't really pay attention to my BMI, or pounds for that matter, but to the way I look in clothes. I know, I sound shallow as hell but I think it really depends on how you carry your weight. Some people have an average BMI and look slim and fit; others have a lower BMI but still look a bit chubby in certain areas... So once I like the way I look and feel in clothes (without is another matter entirely!) I'll stop.

You're absolutely right. Because I am 5'10 with tiny bones, I never looked that fat until it was way beyond where I should have done something before (if that makes sense), I kept on saying I was too fat, and friends were saying it was in my head. Even now, size 26-28, I get people saying they find it hard to believe, they would have put me as an 18/20 max (they obviously haven't seen me naked, lol).

As for BMI, I never ever checked it until I tried to get the op done under the NHS, and even then it betrayed by stubbornly staying just under the 40 mark! :p

I have not had my op yet...but I did meet up with a friend who had hers 2 years ago. She was 25st when she started, and she set herself a goal of under 11 stone. Did she do it? Yep and then some, she now weighs a healthy 10.3 and I walked straight past her in the street! The literature I got from my consultant said that with the sleeve I could expect to loose between 80 and 90% of my EBW. I have every confidence it will happen, i just need to exercise as it starts to come off!!!

That's not the general advice with a sleeve, it's 70%.

Lol l and d say 50-60 for sleeve and 60-70 bypass. Ultimately it's not what you've had but what you do with it.

Sometimes I think even having the tool and putting effort into losing weight just isn't enough sadly,My weight just doesn't want to budge.

Yankeegirl your friend has done amazingly like quite a few on this thread

Oh no carebear. How much more do you want to lose?

7st :( its just not going to happen. My team are just saying carry on exercising and eating low fat but bypasses don't work for everyone :( they wasn't saying that before I had the op *rolls eyes*

I would sack them if I could. I did suggest that maybe I should eat more and they said no

Haven't you lost any weight?

I don't eat low fat anything! Do you track?

about 4st from milk and the drastic weight you lose in wk one and two. It fluctuates so much. I eat low fat because they say I must. Yes I track on my fitnesspal and my dietitian looked through and said I'm doing great with my food and protein.

If its not working I'd say you need to change something or try something different.

I sometimes wonder if eating a small ammount of high fat stuff might be beneficail. I have terrible constipation but read somewhere that some wlsers eat some double cream or full fat cheese and that gets them going !

Yeah I'm going to add more exercise to my routine,only 30 mins because I do 70 mins a day already see if that helps.

I sometimes wonder if eating a small ammount of high fat stuff might be beneficail. I have terrible constipation but read somewhere that some wlsers eat some double cream or full fat cheese and that gets them going !

Not that I've noticed!

I currently do 30 mins on my elliptical trainer,30 mins aerobics with ankle weights and 10 mins on my exercise bike on a fat burning programme. You got any suggestions?

Back