• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wls in the papers and magazines

Mine was done on the NHS so no sales person involved :D It was the bariatric team who said not to take any meds after the op, they will check your sugars straight away post op. They tested me all the time in hospital and I still test now, probably once a week and they still dont go up :D IN fact if I dont eat at about 10pm they can go too low. Hope you get the same result...its great not having to take meds for it XX

i cant wait for the double whammy effect, i did want a band but i was advised that the bypass would be my option due to the diabetes especially as as i was newly diagnoised with diabetes at 36 which the diabetic teams and my gp thought was young

Fantastic Mixxy, keep up the good work and keep flying the flag... for better health for the nation and the benefits of support for those of us that cannot manage it without help!

You are an excellent advocate and deserve the best of everything... no only have you achieved great things with your wls but have also developed amazing athletic skills, which is tremendous. Well done and we are with your every stride! Speak soon... love and hugs xxx

mixxy, this is the kind of story we like, your a great ambassador for wls, long may you continue. hugs xxx

There's a story in the NOTW today about a 17 year old girl who's had a Gastric Bypass and has lost 6 stones in 16 weeks. It's a positive story, but then there's a comment from Dr Hillary saying she shouldn't have had the op!

i suppose when u think of it louanne, shes got a long time to live with the restrictions a bypass leaves her with, its not so bad if your in your 40s or 50s, but a teenager, ill have to see if i can get it up online. thanks hun

dawny said:
i suppose when u think of it louanne, shes got a long time to live with the restrictions a bypass leaves her with, its not so bad if your in your 40s or 50s, but a teenager, ill have to see if i can get it up online. thanks hun

No, I agree, but if she hadn't had the surgery, she would've been dead by 21. It's a complex thing I guess.

thats just it isnt it, you have to weigh up all the pros and cons, how heavy was she? i just hope she had proper councelling first, its a big thing for a teenager to have, even if it is life saving, mind u i suppose with being so young, she will adjust to eating that way, so by the time shes in her 20s she wont even remember eating the way she used to will she

She was 23 stone. Mind you, her diet was ridiculous - she was getting up in the night to make and eat chips!

One of the people who had their op the same time as me is 19. She has diabetes. I just thought it was fantastic that she was offered the opportunity of what for her is a life changing procedure. The surgeon even did it key hole when it should have been open. When I saw her at the first post op appointment she looked fantastic and it was already having an impact on her diabetes. I guess it is about looking at each individual case.

tranquil

tranquil_butterfly said:
One of the people who had their op the same time as me is 19. She has diabetes. I just thought it was fantastic that she was offered the opportunity of what for her is a life changing procedure. The surgeon even did it key hole when it should have been open. When I saw her at the first post op appointment she looked fantastic and it was already having an impact on her diabetes. I guess it is about looking at each individual case.

tranquil

Bless her. I do think there comes a point for all of us - regardless of age - where surgery is the only option.

thats desperate though isnt it louanne, when you get up in the middle of the night to make chips, i wonder how she'll cope now

Back