• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS meet up 06/07/13 1pm at Comfort Inn Birmingham B5 4DY

Hi Chrisa
I think we were all leaving it to you to co-ordinate as it was your idea initially.

There is nothing to stop us arranging to meet as planned however.

How about the 11am at the Central Cafe in the Pallasades shopping centre (above Birmingham New St Station) on Saturday 29 June?

Unless anyone has any other ideas?

I will be having my op on that day...... Will make the next one x

Do we come alone or can we bring our partners?

I don't see why partners should be excluded. After all, they are on this journey too.

Can I suggest a bit later as some of us will be traveling ?

I get where you are coming from Yvessa, but bear in mind it is a Saturday lunchtime so unless some of us are there early enough to bag some seating we wouldn't be able to get seats together until afternoon, and then you would have people needing to leave to travel.
Another option is to meet at a city centre hotel - for example the Comfort Inn is not far from the station but it isn't clear from their website whether they have a coffee shop.

Is there anyone with experience of watering holes local to B'ham New Street?

I don't see why partners should be excluded. After all, they are on this journey too.

I get where you are coming from Yvessa, but bear in mind it is a Saturday lunchtime so unless some of us are there early enough to bag some seating we wouldn't be able to get seats together until afternoon, and then you would have people needing to leave to travel.
Another option is to meet at a city centre hotel - for example the Comfort Inn is not far from the station but it isn't clear from their website whether they have a coffee shop.

Is there anyone with experience of watering holes local to B'ham New Street?
Fair point hun :) Something like a hotel sounds like a good idea.

If we do go to a hotel, I will need some help finding the location, as both me and my fiance are visually impaired.

If we do go to a hotel, I will need some help finding the location, as both me and my fiance are visually impaired.

Presumably you are arriving by train. Once you know your arrival time post it on here and I'm sure someone else's arrival time will coincide with yours and you can do the final leg together.

HI everyone after talking about trying to set up a weight loss meet up for all the date is going to be

Saturday 29th June 2013 in Birmingham
can you please sign up below so that we can get an idea of numbers. Shortly we will have to decide if people want to stay over and then Fuffs has some places which are cheap and cheerful to spend the night.

Christine Allchurch:flirt2:
Posted a reply yesterday but it hasn't shown. Pencil me in please!

I will be there, with my partner, however I will not stay overnight as we live quite close to Birmingham. Thanks.

Ooh, would love to meet up but think I may have my band leak repaired then! Maybe not though, depends wether my provider will do it FOC, otherwise going for revision to sleeve in August so may be able to make it!! Jo x

wEll all I have not heard anything from the girls who were going to look into it also go ahead and make the date, I have my new job so don't know if I can make it now but please still do it it would be the most amazing thing uniting people together. xxx

is this still going ahead?? Im up for it still :D

Definitely going ahead.
The venue is still tbc but will be within easy walking distance from New Street Station.
I would suggest a 'window' of 11am to 2pm then people can still turn up a bit later as travel plans allow.

Definitely going ahead.
The venue is still tbc but will be within easy walking distance from New Street Station.
I would suggest a 'window' of 11am to 2pm then people can still turn up a bit later as travel plans allow.
Thankyou so much for taking that on, I had the idea but others were going to sort the venue etc pout with my new job and work comittments its difficult and I now work weekends which I never used to when I had the vision, so pleased you are going to make it happen xx

I'm afraid I now find myself double-booked for next Saturday - the Northants wls meet is on the same day - Trading Post Kettering 3pm - so I will be attending there instead.
If it goes ahead in Birmingham I hope you all have a great time; I'm planning to try and get to Yvessa's next Dunstable meeting, if so, I'll look forward to seeing some of you there.

Awww cripes! Who is still planning on attending? May be worth rescheduling so as anyone who has booked train tickets have a chance to exchange them? I will be in Brum then anyway, so if anyones around/ coming along be good to say hi

I can only apologise that this hasn't got off the ground soo much has happened this year already since the idea presented itself. I am so sorry I am disappointed that I cannot come as I had been looking for ward to it, and meeting you all. I hope n0o one is out of pocket. So sorry xx

Back