• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS Reading - Books about Gastric Bypass & Banding

I've just bought Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies. Should be an interesting read!!!!!

I too like the last two posters have just ordered WLS for Dummies. It was half the price on Amazon than the ones i found on ebay and it had free delivery. RESULT! Just waiting delivery, will be an avid read i think.

It's very good - but the chapter that tells you about all the things that can go wrong is a bit scary! Be warned! Otherwise it's very informative. I hope you enjoy it. Mxx

I've just purchased WLS For Dummies too! :D Haven't started reading it yet though! :rolleyes: Also bought a calorie counter book (always handy) and a recipe book for post op bypass surgery too, looks quite good but very American! And no by that I don't mean burgers, hot dogs and waffles, more zucchini and eggplants sadly!! :rolleyes:;):D

Cuppacocoa xx

I've just read Weight Loss For Dummies. It's a very informative read, easily set out and easy to understand. The only negative I could find is that it is American, so has some chapters on things like health insurance which might not be applicable here.

I've also recently bought Gastric Bypass Surgery; The Psychological Journey by Ranesa Mcnally. It cost £8.95 on amazon and I was a little dissapointed as it is more like a booklet than a book. However it does speak very bluntly about the emotional effects of surgery and the reasons why some people shouldn't have it. Worth getting from the library. Not really worth buying. I read the entire thing in 20 mins.

What a great thread. Im, going to see if i can get the books from the library and then i will buy my favourite to keep referring to.
theresa x

a book by Susan Maria Leach - Before and After was the best read I have had.

Back