• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Helpful Books Anyone?

shannon_hilder

i just found a fab book called Everything Post Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook, not only does it have recipes in it but everything to do with relationships, feelings and everything in between, i really lucked out with this book ...The book is by Jennifer Whitlock ..has anyone else found any other books they treat as a bible?? come on dont keep it your little secret, tell me all about it!!

there the weightloss surgery cookbook for dummies i'm pre op at the mo but i have it on my pc as a pdf file for after my op

joffy01582 said:
there the weightloss surgery cookbook for dummies i'm pre op at the mo but i have it on my pc as a pdf file for after my op

I'm post op and that book is my best friend it has great food ideas aswell as loads of info and tips xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

oh thats ok with me...i am a canadian living in the uk so i am used to cups...xx

I love the idea of cups for measuring, picked up a set from Lakeland (love that shop!) for just over a fiver and really recommend it. Now I look for US recipes instead of UK so I do'nt have the drag the scales/measuring jugs/spoons out the cupboard.
Am thinking of getting the one for Dummies I think!

A great book that has helped me a lot is the emotional first aid kit by Cynthia Alexander is has been a fantastic practical guide and motivator. I am finding that as I struggle with the liver reduction diet a few pages get me back on track.

BigDave

Hi Mio
i now have the weight loss for dummies book, and its really good... another good buy xx

Tried both of those the emotional first aid kit I mentioned a few months back and even my dietitian took the details to read & see if worth recommending as she was impressed by what she saw. It's sort of a 24/7 support guide of how to beat those demons as the fight their final fight to stop is learning new ways to deal with them. I think it's great. Well worth a read, especially if you're not one of those who opens up easily when you're struggling.

Ive just downloaded the emotional first aid kit to my kindle and Ive ordered weight loss for dummies and Everything Post Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook from Amazon. Im going to be a busy girl! Thanks Guys

Mio, just watch the American, Australian and British cup measurements are different I think.

Which is fine if it is all cups, but when you start adding fluids or grammes it can go a bit askew.

Big Dave recommended a book 'The emotional first aid kit,life after bariatric surgery', so I downloaded it to my Kindle. I was up half the night reading it.
:4635:
Its really good (and I read a lot of books about it) but this is the best.
It's really motivating.
Thanks Dave

xxx

Bought the emotional first aid kit and it's raelly helpful and interesting - even though it's written for bypass patients (which I didn't realise) a lot of it is still relevant for banders. It's making interesting reading, that's for sure!

Mio, just watch the American, Australian and British cup measurements are different I think.

Which is fine if it is all cups, but when you start adding fluids or grammes it can go a bit askew.

Awh - thanks for letting me know! I have a set of US cups and am used to using them (actually prefer them tbh, so was happy it was US measurements - just so much easier to use!)
Had the recipe book delivered to my mum, as I'm staying there a while after my op, and she said it was really interesting! Can't wait to have a look myself *lol*

OK that is fine as most of the weight loss surgery books bar one I think is in American cups, so you will be fine.

I just know I had a lot of Woman's weekly recipe books and they were in Australian cups, and I had British ones. Still all the books are going to the charity shop now!

Back