• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLSurgery

Zara xxx

hi I just wanted to know if anyone has had surgery is waiting to have surgery at the aintree hospital I'm going for my 4 hours appointment on the 28th just a bit anxious then apparently u have to wait another 4-6 weeks for the surgery that bit is really annoying already it been over 15 months of waiting now more....
Plus u have to do the liver reduction diet did anyone find it hard are their any tips please.....

hello zara
just wanted to say hi and not read and run.im not in your part of the world but I'm sure someone will swing by soon and offer advise

Good luck Zara, I'm having my op soon and start the pre op diet Friday, I'm nervous too!

hi I just wanted to know if anyone has had surgery is waiting to have surgery at the aintree hospital I'm going for my 4 hours appointment on the 28th just a bit anxious then apparently u have to wait another 4-6 weeks for the surgery that bit is really annoying already it been over 15 months of waiting now more.... Plus u have to do the liver reduction diet did anyone find it hard are their any tips please.....

Hi I'm awaiting surgery at aintree hospital too. I was at a support group there yesterday, I found that a lot of people I spoke to said the pre-op diet was easier than they expected. Hope this helps x

Same here my pre op appointment is on the 28th of this month see what happens after that it's a 4-6 weeks wait after that at the aintree hospital that's where I will be having my procedure done

Nope didn't go to the support group Hayley1121 What stage are u at I have a pre op appointment on the 28th I normally went to Salford for my dietician appointments but they want me to have my opp at aintree never been there before a bit nervous

Nope didn't go to the support group Hayley1121 What stage are u at I have a pre op appointment on the 28th I normally went to Salford for my dietician appointments but they want me to have my opp at aintree never been there before a bit nervous

Hiya Zara, don't be never out about going to Aintree hun, I live in Cumbria and have been going to Aintree for 12 months now. I cannot fault the staff at all, they have all been fantastic & so supportive. ? I have been approved I'm just waiting for my pre-op but been told it should be end of August & then it's just another waiting game x seems all we do is wait.... All worth it in the end tho xx

Yes definitely I have waited for my pre op for 4 months now :( thanks for telling me about the staff there I really appreciate it it has helped me so much as I said it will be the first time I'm going to go to that hospital I hope they don't say lose more weight at Salford they said that's enough what I've lost just sooooo many questions and soooo much waiting lol I just wish it could get done asap lol I'm asking for to much now

Hiya Zara, don't be never out about going to Aintree hun, I live in Cumbria and have been going to Aintree for 12 months now. I cannot fault the staff at all, they have all been fantastic & so supportive. ? I have been approved I'm just waiting for my pre-op but been told it should be end of August & then it's just another waiting game x seems all we do is wait.... All worth it in the end tho xx

Hi Hayley where in Cumbria are you from? I'm a Cumbrian lass. Good luck with it all x

Barrow in Furness but moved to Birmingham 9 years ago so had my surgery in Birmingham 4 weeks ago, my daughter spends every school holidays with her grandparents up there x

Aww lovely hun. What type of surgery did you have, if u don't mind me asking? I'm nervous & excited, I've got. 2 & 4 year old & worried about recovery x

Aww lovely hun. What type of surgery did you have, if u don't mind me asking? I'm nervous & excited, I've got. 2 & 4 year old & worried about recovery x

I had a gastric band fitted, I was very lucky as I didn't suffer with any wind pain so after surgery I was tender but it was bearable, I had day surgery I didn't go down till 3.30pm as I was last on the list and I was back home by 7pm. The hardest thing after surgery was the boredom as my GP signed me off work for 4 weeks due to having a heavy lifting job. I was like you nervous and excited and everything went through my mind but once the day of surgery and I got to the hospital I relaxed and I was fine. My daughter is 13 so she was able to look after herself I didn't have to worry about small children. What surgery are you having? x

Back