• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

woman lost 30 stone after bypass!!!

candie

fabby not flabby :)
incredible weight loss..... an inspiration for us all

Shows the need for surgery indeed, and the benefits. Well done to the Dr's and to Alison for going for it when available, making it work after surgery and worthwhile. :)

wow shes done really well, thanks for posting the story.

She has done really well and looks great. I don't think I could be as brave as her and wear a bikini. I don't even want to go anywhere looking like I do, let alone on my Hol's. I take my hat off to her!

Last edited:
god well done to her how fantastic x

I agree, what a fantastic acheivement, she now looks amazing, absolutely no way would I EVER let a member of my family see me in a bikini!!! Total Horror!

:(
hi everyone just been reading about the lady alisson who lost 30 stone she has done very well but it does annoy me sometimes that fat people get a bad press because of people like her not all fat people eat like that i have never been a big eater just not eaten the right food at the right times of day and not consistent with food does anyone else agree with me
alison :eek:

Yes I do agree with you Alison. I also wonder if having the name Alison also goes against us! lol. There seems to be loads of overweight Alison's have you noticed? lol

Yes I do agree with you Alison. I also wonder if having the name Alison also goes against us! lol. There seems to be loads of overweight Alison's have you noticed? lol

You could always change your name to Waynetta lol lol :D

What a stunning weight lose and well done to her.

Ladies, Alison is a very popular name & with so many women falling in the obese category, it is bound to happen! Take a look at the name Mandy!!!

Anyway, I agree. All my life I have heard obese people admitt to eating entire boxes of doughnuts chased down with a gallon of whole milk in one sitting. Or eating 20 bags of crisps, multiple boxes of cookies, entire large pizzas, etc. Then everyone nods their heads and thinks 'yep, that is how people get so fat'.

I have had many friends over the years who I have spent a weekend with or even lived with that have been astonished that I eat less than them. I guess that they always assumed that when I wasn't with them, I was secretly stuffing myself with goodies. It always mystified me as well. I knew I wasn't consuming an abnormally high amount of food but yet my weight stayed high. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say I didn't eat bad food and lots of it. I did, but I always knew that I was not eating the thousands of extra calories most my friends would need to maintain my weight. I also have always been lazy/inactive but I had many friends who were the same and liked to sit around and hang out instead of engaging in physical activity!

The point is that many people feel like extreme & excessive consumption is the only way people end up as morbidly obese. They also tend to think that when we say 'we don't really eat that much' we are covering up our guilt for having out of control eating habits. That is the case sometimes but not always and it does make those who aren't excessive binge eaters feel like they are being misjudged. I am one of those people. I know that my habits were on the high side of the normal range but unfortunately, my genetics & lifestyle choices did not allow me to be at healthy weight with that consumption level. I now know that only an extreme adjustment to my digestive system (surgery) will allow me to be at a healthy weight with a permanently restricted consumption & lifestyle change. Others will continue to be able to consume twice as much as me and be less active while maintaining a healthy weight, that is just how it goes!

Nic;)

I have had many friends over the years who I have spent a weekend with or even lived with that have been astonished that I eat less than them. I guess that they always assumed that when I wasn't with them, I was secretly stuffing myself with goodies. It always mystified me as well. I knew I wasn't consuming an abnormally high amount of food but yet my weight stayed high. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to say I didn't eat bad food and lots of it. I did, but I always knew that I was not eating the thousands of extra calories most my friends would need to maintain my weight. I also have always been lazy/inactive but I had many friends who were the same and liked to sit around and hang out instead of engaging in physical activity!

The point is that many people feel like extreme & excessive consumption is the only way people end up as morbidly obese. They also tend to think that when we say 'we don't really eat that much' we are covering up our guilt for having out of control eating habits. That is the case sometimes but not always and it does make those who aren't excessive binge eaters feel like they are being misjudged. I am one of those people. I know that my habits were on the high side of the normal range but unfortunately, my genetics & lifestyle choices did not allow me to be at healthy weight with that consumption level. I now know that only an extreme adjustment to my digestive system (surgery) will allow me to be at a healthy weight with a permanently restricted consumption & lifestyle change. Others will continue to be able to consume twice as much as me and be less active while maintaining a healthy weight, that is just how it goes!

Nic;)

:happy096:

i agree with you nic

;)
hi nic and everyone i just read your thread and i couldnt have said it any better but it does get my back up when people like her said she eat all that in a day and when she looked in a mirror she collapsed at the size of herself.

i think i would of been about 80 stone if that would of been me and she also put that much weight on in 1 year she must of known because she could not even take care of her personal hygiene and her husband even had to clean her after going to toilet i would never of let that happen with myself i would of ended it before that .

i do sound a little harsh but i have struggled with my weight since i was a child and i have put more weight on every time i have had a child and i seem to have been on a diet all my life if i would of eaten normal all the time i would prob be the largest women in the world .

i know what that women has gone through before and after the wls but i cant help feeling very strong about that issue of the amount of food she consumed and we all suffer predjudice from people when they read storys like that .

waynette i do agree with the name alison everyone named that seem to have weight on anyway i will stop moaning now i have had my rant speak to you all soon
alison xx

Not sure I agree 100% here.

I am one of those 'people like her' I ate far too much, eating all the wrong foods and far too many of them thus ending up the way I did and having to resort to surgery because I could no longer control what I was eating - sound familar to any of you?

I thought that this was a site to offer support to anyone who has issues with food, whether you are a size 12 or a size 30? I think that saying that someone who fully admits to their problem's with food shouldn't be blamed for 'giving other fat people a bad name'

Please don't think I am having a dig at anyone here, just didn't feel I could read and move on.

I think most people have a tendency to underestimate how much they eat. Lord knows I'm guilty of that. Society rarely makes allowances for 'hormonal imbalances' or 'big bones' to explain obesity. Every fat person is tarred with the same brush of 'being greedy' or 'eats too much and is lazy'. I applaud the 30stone loser for coming out clean about how much she was eating. I hope it helps others.
xxx

hi cat
i am not having a go at any one but i just dont understand why people like that alison nearly passed out with the weight she had put on when she had been eating as much as she did .
i have suffered most of my life and i do applaued her for being truthful but it does make people think all over weight people eat and act the same we are all different but every story you here on the tv or in the paper are always over weight from to much eating .
i am not saying i was the best in the world at eating but i have always tried to keep to a low fat diet but still have put weight on due to lack of excercise i am sorry if i hurt your feelings that was not my intention i was putting my view across as you say this is a forum for your views and opinions .
alison x

Back