• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

50 stone woman

wobbles

Am watching a doco on DMAX about a lady in the US who has had a gastric bypass. Her recovery was long and complicated, but in 7 months she lost 16 stone. 16 STONE!!!!! She had lost 5 stone within the first month!!

Farout Brussel Sprout!!

wow thats amazing !!! i hope her quality of life has improved.

liz x

I didn't see this programme as i have only got freeview, but WOW that is an amazing loss!!! :)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

I saw it advertised but did not watch it, I watched so many in the run up to my surgery I can of overdosed on it lol.. Did she have a lot of excess skin with losing 16 stone so quickly? It amazing though what you can do with the bypass...xx

:eek::eek::eek:WOW! I can't even imagine what 50 stone would look like, my hubby & I together aren't 50 stone!! It is amazing 1) what can happen to a body & 2) what the bypass can do for a body!!!

I've seen the programme a couple of times and she had the most amazing weightloss but it was n't with out major problems. She was back in and out of hospital with malnutrition, infections and all kind of problems. She was unable to tolerate even liquids during times and this is what lead to the malnutrition.

Having said this her weight loss was amazing and there was a huge difference in her mobility and appearance after her 16 stone weight loss bearing in mind she had a huge way to go.

I watched Fat Doctor on one of the Discovery Channels the other day. It covers the work of Shaw Somers. Here is a link to the series:

Fat Doctor: On TV: Home and Health

The one I watched was about a brother and sister - Martin & Daniella Gibb who were 35 and 28 stone respectively.

Both had the Roux en Y bypass, with Martin's being filmed in it's entirety.

Most interesting.

I've seen all of the 'Fat Doctor's'. It's where i first heard about Shaw Somers, who apparently was trained by my surgeon, Mr Pollard, or so he says anyway.

He seems like a really nice guy.

Omg losing 16 stone is amazing, and did she get to a normalish weight eventually?:confused:

I watched Fat Doctor on one of the Discovery Channels the other day. It covers the work of Shaw Somers. Here is a link to the series:

Fat Doctor: On TV: Home and Health

The one I watched was about a brother and sister - Martin & Daniella Gibb who were 35 and 28 stone respectively.

Both had the Roux en Y bypass, with Martin's being filmed in it's entirety.

Most interesting.

I watched that one too with Martin and Daniella and was totally hooked!! :eek::D

Lacey..xx :)

My tv during the day is ALWAYS on the home and health channel and hubby changes it the minute he comes home, I can't get enough of all these weight loss programmes and hospital ones. I think I'm addicted :D

Back