• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

woman lost 30 stone after bypass!!!

That is amazing she looks brilliant

I know where you are all coming from, I love food and see it as a treat for a good week, a bad week, an anniversary, a birthday, every occasion is linked to food with me !!!
I dont however spend all day eating endless bags of crisps, choccy bars etc...
I started to read allisons die and it sounded like me but then it all went crazy at lunch time.
We all have food problems, sometimes through lack of food, sometimes through excess and also through wrong food, wrong time, amounts etc...
I think if someone knows they are overeating i.e 20 bags of crispas a day 5 choccy bars then at least they know where they are going wrong and how to change to lose wieght. It is when we "think" we are eating all teh right food that we dont know which way to turn.
xx
Helen

hi cat
i am not having a go at any one but i just dont understand why people like that alison nearly passed out with the weight she had put on when she had been eating as much as she did .
i have suffered most of my life and i do applaued her for being truthful but it does make people think all over weight people eat and act the same we are all different but every story you here on the tv or in the paper are always over weight from to much eating .
i am not saying i was the best in the world at eating but i have always tried to keep to a low fat diet but still have put weight on due to lack of excercise i am sorry if i hurt your feelings that was not my intention i was putting my view across as you say this is a forum for your views and opinions .
alison x

Hi Alison

You haven't hurt my feeling's at all. But just wanted to make the point that for whatever reason she put on the weight, she's still just the same as us in essence - a person with a weight problem.

Please don't be offended and think that I was getting directly at you. That wasn't my intention. Society is always going to assume fat people are fat because they are greedy regardless of what the real reasons are and there is, and probably always will be, very little we can do to change this.

Hi Alison

You haven't hurt my feeling's at all. But just wanted to make the point that for whatever reason she put on the weight, she's still just the same as us in essence - a person with a weight problem.

Please don't be offended and think that I was getting directly at you. That wasn't my intention. Society is always going to assume fat people are fat because they are greedy regardless of what the real reasons are and there is, and probably always will be, very little we can do to change this.

I agree Cat
xx

As overweight as I have been all my life its never been because of the quantities of food that I have eaten, infact the oposite. I've never had a huge appetite, just constantly made bad choices and ate all the wrong things. One thing that really got to me was previous to getting pregnant with my youngest son in 2007 I was a total sugar addict. CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE AND MORE CHOCOLATE but I went off it during my pregnancy and never went back to it.. nothing sweet at all but I still managed to gain 8 stone between having my baby and having my surgery and it seemed so unfair as with no exageration I could eat 20 bars a day and losing all those calories surely would give me some weightloss if not a maintained weight. I always thought that if I lost my addiction to sweet things and started on the savory I'd lose my weight as that would mean I'd hardly eat at all but I guess a diet of cheese balls and icelollies is n't a good idea if your hoping for weightloss.

hi everyone
i do agree with you all alia i was the same i have put more weight on with my children i have bad pregnancies and i dont eat at all i lose lots of weight and as soon as i have the child i put it back on and more on top of that even though i tried to exercise and watching the fat intake but it never worked .
i had my last child in 01 and got steralised which does not help and i had my gall bladder out in 05 which is a factor for weight gain as well so i understand there is different factors to weight gain i applaued that alisson for weight lose and i hope i look like her when i lose all the weight cause she looks fab .
i do agree with you cat that society drives me mad that they think fat people are all the same that is what newspapers and tv do for you it would be nice sometime that they tell a story about fat people that do try to help themselves by watching there diet but dont have any success.
alison xx

Not sure I agree 100% here.

I am one of those 'people like her' I ate far too much, eating all the wrong foods and far too many of them thus ending up the way I did and having to resort to surgery because I could no longer control what I was eating - sound familar to any of you?

I thought that this was a site to offer support to anyone who has issues with food, whether you are a size 12 or a size 30? I think that saying that someone who fully admits to their problem's with food shouldn't be blamed for 'giving other fat people a bad name'

Please don't think I am having a dig at anyone here, just didn't feel I could read and move on.

Cat I know I am late commenting here but I just wanted to say that I respect your opinion. I did not mean to disparage anyone with my comments about my personal expereinces. I was just reflecting on the fact that Allison's 30 stone loss fell into a fat 'stereo-type' of extreme binge eating. The truth is that stereo-types exist because there is a bit of truth to them! But that 'truth' cannot and should not be applied to all fat people. I think that was where my passion to have an my say came from, mostly because I have had that stereo-type applied to me all my life. I know that if I consumed 6000 calories per day that I would have had to be hospitalized. But that is me and not everyone else. My judgement was about the stereo-type and not about Allison herself who I have great respect for.

I also believe this is a support group & I was just supporting people like myself and in no way disparaging anyone else's weight loss journey or food issues. Just wanted to be a voice for those who feel misjudged by society.

Nic:D

Back