• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Work meal disaster......

simplylucy

Well last night was my work meal out.

I ordered a childs roast turkey. I've had roasts before so thought I'd be ok. :eek:

I sat and chatted and giggled whilst everyone else ate their starters and sorbets, awaiting the arrival of my small roast.

Well what a shock I got when the main meals arrived. :eek:

I've never seen such a large meal in my life! :rolleyes:

Basically I had the same amount of meat as everyone plus 2 sausages, stuffing, 3 roast potatoes, 2 new potatoes. Thanks goodness the veg was in dishes up the middle of the table.

The only difference in a childs roast compared to a normal one was 1 less roast potato and 1 less new potato, it was daft.

Well anyhow, I started eating, very very slowly, chew chew chew. 3 mouthfulls later cue the most hidious pain my pouch. It really was very grim.

I popped off to the loo, and vomited big time.

Back to the table, I didn't attempt any more!

Back to the loo, vomit.

Back to the table, no more food for me.

Back the the loo, vomit, big time, where did all that vomit come from, I'd only eaten 3 very tiny mouthfulls! :eek:

Back to the table.

Back to the loo, urge urge urge, no vomit! :eek:

Back to the table to watch everyone else get drunk!

I can't believe I was sick, I've not been sick for weeks.

I promise I only had the tiniest of mouthfulls, and chewed and ate mega slow.

I think maybe the size of the portion panicked me, even though I knew I didn't need to eat it all. Daft really, but I felt my body tense up as soon as I saw my plate.

I've eaten out before, so thought I'd be ok.

Even though the food size of things was a disaster I had a wonderful night out with fabulous people that I work with. :D

Awww Lucy... it all sounds like 'too much on your plate' but as always, you handled it as well as you could and also round up by saying you enjoyed the night... good on you... it's got to be small and well chewed... by this time next year... you'll be even better still and keep chugging on Angel... you are doing well and looking beautiful inside and out!

Warm hugs and love xxx

One of the dietician said if you get anxious, it can affect how food goes down and as you said it was probably the amount on your plate, but as long as you had a good time thats the main thing my lovely xx

Aww you poor thing! Ive been told that stress can affect pouchy too! Im sorry you were so sick but at least you made the best of it and managed to enjoy yourself :D XX

Hope you are feeling much better by now Lucy and your tum has settled.... love and hugs xxx

Sorry you had an eating disaster, it does happen sometimes, but you had a fab time in the end so thats all that matters.

Next year's Christmas do will be normal, but the only difference is you will be skinny. xxxxx

Oooh i'd be so cross at paying for a meal and not being able to eat it :(

Sounds like the food wasn't the highlight of your night out (which to be honest is probably what xmas do's was all about to me pre op) and that the good company and looking so gorgeous was what really mattered.....

Now are you going to post a pic of yourself all glammed up? xx

Sorry it happened to you. I am still shocked over a year out at how my pouch reacts sometimes to things that I have had numerous times before. So pleased it didn't ruin your night out though.

Wonder if one of the mouthfuls didn't go down right i've had that before where the pain is instant but having said that i've never been sick just felt awful. Sorry you had that on your night out but glad to hear you are better today. Happy birthday to Tilly hope she is having a good one x

Oh Lucy such a shame. I know that I have been a bit anxious about food for the last couple of weeks not wanting to be poorly while on holiday with friends. It did make eating really quite hard and I am struggling now I am home to relax and try and eat more normally again (if I am sick at home its not the end of the world eh!) Anxiety obviously makes a real difference to how things go down. I am almost back at the sloppies stage just to get eating again!! How wierd is that? I know that I have pretty serious restriction and that in itself scared me on holiday in case I started with the rabids.

Glad you enjoyed your evening out tho - I still enjoyed my holiday which for once did not revolve around eating!!

Back