• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Working Lunches...Help!

jaxx

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if you could all help me with suggestions for lunch at work. I have only 30 minutes for lunch and the only thing we have to cook with at work is a microwave and a kettle.

I did used to make my own sandwiches but I found that the ingredients I used would go off before I got to use them so I was wasting a lot of food and then having to buy something else instead.

I've been using tins of beans with sausages or ravioli or anything that can be heated up quickly and eaten within the 30 minutes I get. But the problem with that is that the food goes down really quickly as it's slider food and I'm hungry within half an hour of finishing my dinner.

I have a friend who runs a cafe round the corner and if she's got the ingredients, she'll make me anything I'd like, plus we have a Greggs and Marks and Spencers nearby just to give you some options for ideas.

I need something high in protein that will keep me filled up and that I can eat in 30 minutes etc.

Please help!!

Houmous n veggie sticks? Jacket pot (cooked at home n reheated in microwave) with some grated cheese n beans or tuna on?

I keep crackers in me drawer and then take in bits of philly to spread... I also have salads and a few nuts in a pot for the nibbling off if the hunger devil is perched on my shoulders, fruit etc...

Not much help i'm afraid... How about some toast n pate? xxx

I tend to have a tin of Heinz big soup most days. It is really filling and only about 200 cals for the entire tin. Like Julie, I much on fruit or nuts during the day as well to keep the carb monster at bay.

hi jaxx,what about a ww meal, 5 mins in the microwave, and they do tend to be filling, and like has been said, nuts etc to snack on. hugs xx

M & S do some lovely brown rice sushi which I have a lot for lunch - very filling and with the fish you get a good bit of protein too. I sometimes buy the fresh chicken slices at M & S and have them on crispbreads too.

might seem boring, but i take feta cheese and salad to munch for me dinner the cheese really fills me up, i also take some cottage cheese and rivitas, two of those and i am lovely and full, i munch on peanuts and cashew nuts during the day if i am peckish
xxx

Tuna light lunch from John West - they even come with their own fork! I love them all and there are different versions, mediterranean, tomato salsa, mexican, french etc but all have less than 250 calories and have around 20gm of protein. Eat with a couple of crispbreads too if you need a bit more carb. I love them and find them really quite filling. Can always eat a babybel or two while working too and like the others say a few nuts and raisins to nibble at are great. xx

Back