• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Diary 23/05/2009

week 4

Hi Everyone

I am really pleased as I have lost another 4lb and 4" this week taking my grand total to 20lbs and 17" of around my body!!!

It is such a good feeling!! We are of out today for a fathers day (early) meal with the kids, I can now eat "normal" food but will still take it easy.

I had Salmon, broccoli and 3 potatoe wedges last night for tea and enjoyed that.

I was thinking yesturday how many diets I have tried and failed and just wish I had got my Gastric Band 10 years ago!!

I love Alice (my bands name), she is soooo cool!!!

That's fab, when is your first fill? :clap:

Week 8

Hi everyone

I have been really struggling and getting myself all worked up because I was staying the same each week. I had a chat with Liz and Mazza and they gave me some great advice last week and I am pleased to say I have lost 2lbs this week :).
That also got me into the 15's (not by much but I am still there!!). Big thanks girls for your help.

I also haven't had any help from my provider regarding aftercare but now I have got (hope) it sorted I have an appt with the dietician Tuesday sooooo all is lookin good!!!!!

The thing that slowed my weightloss was I was having to many liquids for instance I was having smoothie for breakfast and soup for lunch, I now have chopped fruit for breakfast and salad for lunch....only started this Wednesday and have shifted 2lbs...little changes make progress.

Don't know what I would do without Minis, thanks again for all your support xx:thankyou:

I am feeling positive now after a few weeks of feeling really down x:):):)

well done Liz...was wondering how you were getting on as I'd not seen you posting much lately xx

I think so many of us get used to the liquids stage and puree that even when we are supposed to be having dense foods we still go for smoothies, slimfast and soups etc. Although these are healthy they are still slider foods and it means we get hungry quickly etc.

Even now when I think about what to have to eat I had to remember to have "normal" food and not soup etc.

You have done brilliantly. Well done.

Thanks Girls I am a bit happier now, but if I ever hear anyone say having a Gastric Band is a quick fix and a lazy option I will strangle them!! We all still need self control and refrain from over eating on slider foods.
I am hopeing to do a little more exercise now and that should help...but have to say I hate it with a vengance!!!

I'm with you on the exercise front...I hate it too! I'm going to ask Father Christmas for a Wii Fit.

I have alot of friends who know about me having been banded and expect me to be a waif overnight- They cant understand why i have only lost 1lb in about 3 weeks. Grrr.....

Keep up the good work girly- if only you lived closer, we could go power walking together and talk band! :)

Back