• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Diary 23/05/2009

Hi Everyone
It's day 9 today and I have lost 8lb in 9 days since surgery...the rest was pre-surgery when I was ill. Won't adjust ticker though until Saturday as I am going to do it once a week on the day of Surgery.
I am very pleased so far and can remove my dressings today. I could go back to work now as I work in an Office but had arranged to take 2 weeks of my own leave and its sunny so what the hell eh!! May go back later in the week and save some leave for a day or so after first fills etc.
I have no regrets up to now, so far so good.

I am really happy for you that everything is going well your weight loss is amazing 8lb in 9 days. Hooray that's gone forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done.love this post.......
I have my consultation with Mr Simon Toh Spire Havant June 18th at 2pm :)
Will be watching this post like glue xxx:D

hi there,well i was wandering if anybody knew about how long they had to wait for this gastric band on the nhs?as im wanting to get one.and liz i hope everything went well on your operation.your very lucky.

Thanks girls

I am on day 10 today and feel great, I have had no problems at all since Surgery and am still not hungry but I do eat to keep energy levels up. I never had much pain (no worse than a bad period pain day) and no wind pain AT ALL. I was really surprised by the Surgery it was only a quarter of what I thought it was going to be..I hope yours is the same. I have not weighed myself today but up until yesturday I have lost 8lb in 9days.
I have my first band fill appointment through for the 26th June and my Post-Op appt through for 1st July.
I took my dressings of yesturday and I have very neat tiny incisions...not bad at all Mr Amouri!!! U cool Surgeon!!!

Seriously think it is definatley down to the Surgeon so if you are thinking of having Surgery in the North West he's the man for the job...Google him.

Decided to postpone band fill as I would be having a fill at just under 5 weeks and as I can't eat food normally until week 4 that only gives me 6 days before I go back on sloppies/liquids again...how would I know if I was in need of a fill in that short a time?

Anyway it will be 2 weeks later on the 10th July, that would be just under 7 weeks...and if I don't need one well no probs they said I only have to let them know. I think I prob will by then.

11 days and had to write this down....eeeee I am exited I have lost 9" from all around different areas of my body....and I'm not weighing myself until Saturdays now as I was getting on them scales everyday.

Tip anyone having surgery measure yourself the night before you start your pre-op diet.

Sorry to bore you but since I have lost 1 stone that amounted to 9" yeyyyy!! I will shut up now I am so pleased I could bust me band...but I won't because it's my new best freind her name is Alice as in Alice band....Ok I know I'm gone....yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

LOL Liz you are nuts but congratulations it must be such a fantastic feeling.

week 2

Hi Everyone

I have lost another 2lb this week that now takes my weight loss to 15lb grand total, I am so pleased with that.

I went back to work Thursday as I used my own leave for the Op I felt well enough to go back early...it should have been Monday.

The other day I was really craving some spicy food...so I went to sainsburys and bought a Chicken Tikka Massala meal (without rice) I heated it up and blended it and it was really lovely.

I have my Post Op appt through for 1st July and band fill on the 10th July...so far so good...no regrets and feel fab.

:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Last edited:
that's great Liz...18lb you must be well chuffed :D

I've only lost 2lb since my banding, but just moved onto sloppies yesterday and got bowels on the move with benefiber (tmi :eek:)...I don't think I'm getting enought water down, but don't seem to be enjoying diluting squash in it either...what sort of menu are you having in a day?

Hi Yvonne

I have 1 weatabix, porridge or a slim fast for breakfast (plenty of milk on cereal). Half an hour later I have 1 pint of water or cordial juice.

Lunch I have something like soup (been making home made) rice pudding or stew blended. Then more fluids half an hour at least later and before. I always make sure I drink 2 litres per day.

Dinner I have had a little go at things like Cottage pie (extra gravy), fish pie, chicken tikka massala (blended), canelloni I had yesturday and chewed it really well...just try different things and make sure you are drinking at the right times.

In between I have 1 pro-biotic drink mid morn...and sometimes I have a yogurt mid afternoon.

Good luck Yvonne

thanks Liz

yesterday I had...

breakfast: instant porridge (like readybrek)

lunch: homemade ham & lentil soup (pureed)

tea: cauliflour cheese (plenty sauce)

supper: 1 small Irish yoghurt (low fat)

it's really funny, when I sit down with a small bowl only half full, having to take rests between each mouthful and then watch Hubby having his meal...I used to be able to beat him hands down, bloody marvelous that I can't now :D

I definately think it's the liquids with me so I'll have to try harder :rolleyes:

I agree Yvonne as what you are eating is fine. I can eat a full bowl straight of if it is liquidised.

Try drinking a full glass of liquids every hour and I use a straw.
Do you have any liquid in your band? Mine has 3mls in.

Do you get hungry? I still have no hunger.

Hi Liz and Alice lol

Your doing really well, 9" off is fab. Did they come off all over or just certain parts?

I still dont know what size my band is or if its got anything in it - oh well will find out on 15th when I go for my 1st fill.

Yvonne - you need to keep those fluids up, you dont want to get dehydrated. If you like cold drinks use a sports bottle (most are around 500mls) and keep drinking from it. You really need to be having the equivalent of 4 to ensure you are fully hydrated.

Maz x

Hi Liz, you are doing great I just wish I had something in my band as I can eat anything(in moderation). Have'nt had to stick to liquids or sloppies just eating normal but chewing till mush. I know my surgeon does'nt put anything in the band when he does the op so got to wait for my band fill appointment which will probably be in july. Carry on as you're doing and you'll soon be a skinny minnie because you're really doing great.

Back