• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Band Diary 23/05/2009

Hi Liz,

I'm new here. I just realised that you and i have really similar start weight and goal weights. It is so inspiring seeing how you are getting on. I'm due to go to my consultation tomorrow and hopefully getting banded on the 20th June. I look forward to following in your footsteps!

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes.

Welcome Coralie and goodluck with your Op.

Mazza I lost in all areas, waist, hips, bust, ankles, calfs & neck...was so pleased I measured everywhere before I lost any weight.

Hi there, I have enjoyed reading your diary. You must be so pleased with your progress so far, congrats.:) May you and Alice remain firm friends for years.;)

Thanks Lyn I am pleased I am starting to notice it more in my clothes now...excuse for new ones for holidays!!

What diet are you doing? Are you looking in to Weight Loss Surgery yourself?

Well done on your weight loss xxx

Hi Baby Jayne - well done on your lose. I went shopping for some new clothes for the first time today. Managed to go down a size top and bottom. It was so nice to be able to try the clothes on and they fit. I didn't even have to squeeze into them!!

You seem to have you diet well under control and organised. I wish I was that organised.

Hi Sue

You have a great weightloss so you to must have it all sewn up hun!!!

Great about your clothes size going down...did you measure yourself before surgery? I did and up until last week I had lost 9" around my body...I was so pleased.
If you never it still isn't to late...you get that same great feeling when you measure as you do when you weigh.

Good luck Sue roll on the next size down eh!!!

What diet are you doing? Are you looking in to Weight Loss Surgery yourself?

Well done on your weight loss xxx

Hi again. I am experimenting aka failing! :giggle: I am happy though that I have kept over a stone off from my HW. Oh I have been thinking about wls for ages. I keep messing around with my passport, taking ages to get the form, get it signed, losing pics etc. My life's chaotic and not in a good way.:D

WEEK 3

Hi everyone

I only lost 1lb this week and was a little bit disappointed :(...altogether I have lost 16lb's but I thought well I will have a measure and I cheered up :) as I have lost another 4" from different areas around my body so altogether that is 13" gone!!!:)

Think I may have had to many shepherds pies for tea throughout the week so am going to change that this week for less potatoe meals.

16lbs gone now and 13" I soooo love Alice !!!

Hi Liz

16lb is still good going and even better inches wise :0clapper: well done!

I too think I'm having too much potato, and all these sauces that make it into sloppies :rolleyes: can't wait to move onto normal food and salads, but am supposed to do another week yet!

keep up the good work xx

Hi Angel what surgery are you having? Any questions ask away. xxx

Mazza feel sorry for you awww just when you can get your teeth stuck in its back to liquids!! let us know how it goes mine is on the 10th July. x

Hi Angelpie
Personally for me I couldn't have the bypass as I am a chicken!! and also the way I see it is that if I have the bypass and hate my quality of life after it there is no going back it is to late. With the band I have more choices for e.g I can if I ever wanted to have it de-filled, filled and I can if I chose to eat most of the things I ate before surgery in a smaller amount. I think you really have to be 100% about both Surgery's but personally I am happy with my post-band life.

Good luck

Hi Angelpie
Personally for me I couldn't have the bypass as I am a chicken!! and also the way I see it is that if I have the bypass and hate my quality of life after it there is no going back it is to late. With the band I have more choices for e.g I can if I ever wanted to have it de-filled, filled and I can if I chose to eat most of the things I ate before surgery in a smaller amount. I think you really have to be 100% about both Surgery's but personally I am happy with my post-band life.

Good luck

Liz this is exactly how I feel, it does worry me going for the by-pass but then I don't know if I can be trusted to just have the band. That sounds terrible but all these things keep going around in my head.

I would like to think that I wouldn't cheat it but when push comes to shove I wonder how strong I really am. But the by-pass worries the life out of me!!!!

Back