• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried

witchingmoon

I am worried I can drink a lot and get no pain this isn't normal is it? I am 8 days post op.

When you say drink a lot, do you mean 'neck a pint'?

I have to say the only time i got pain from drinking was when i forgot and gulped it down. If you are sipping away at it rather than big mouthfuls you shouldn't get pain.

Fluid is straight through (especially at your early stage as there is no solids in there to slow the progress of it) in one end and out the other...

Don't worry if you are drinking a lot. That is a FANTASTIC thing to do, fluids are the most important thing for you right now...

If you got any worries, feel free to message me xx

I am worried I can drink a lot and get no pain this isn't normal is it? I am 8 days post op.

Why are you expecting pain when you drink?

Drinking shouldn't cause pain.
If you gulp at your drink it may cause some discomfort but not pain.
Drinks slip through you stomach very easily so you can drink loads don't worry about the amount unless you are on the alcohol already:D

Thank you for some reason I thought it was sitting in my pouch and stretching it. Am glad it goes out I will keep drinking then.
That was also exsplains why when I eat I don't get a full feeling as its puréed to a water like consistency.
Worry over thank you x

I literally just came onto the forum to get some help about this exact same thing... I was wondering why I don't feel full. But I too am on the pureed stage so this makes perfect sense, thank you!! X

being bale to drink loads is great, keep it up...take a lesson from me.. ive just spent a week of hell and two days in hospital as i wasnt drinking enough (only about 250ml a day) and i became dehydrates and got a nasty water infection... i still struggle but im now drinking 1000ml a day which i have been told is just fine xx keep drinking!!

Back