• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried!!

mum21baba

Well after many months of problems with my gastric band, I had it removed and converted to a sleeve on the 17th of this month. Everything seemed to go well and I am feeling really good.
I am still on a liquid diet but the problem is, I don't seem to have much restriction. I can pretty much drink as much fluid as I want and can easily manage half a bowl of smooth soup. I keep hearing of people only being able to manage a couple of teaspoons and must admit I am beginning to panic a bit. How much can everyone else eat/drink at this stage? x

Hiya :) (god I've not posted on here in a while) don't worry about the volume u can get in remember its just liquid and it will just slip write through. I'm now 3 months post sleeve op and believe me ur fine. Ul feel ALOT of restriction when u move onto sloppy foods. Yesterday my dinner was 1/3 of a weight watchers cottage pie and I couldn't finish it lol. I was 15st 2 and today I weigh 11st 13lb :))))

Just remember its only liquid! And we want to drink lots so we don't dehydrate! Hope this helps xx

Thanks for your replies, I just feel like such a failure! I had such high hopes for the band but had no end of trouble. I am so scared that this new op isn't going to work either. I tried a thicker soup today (no lumps) and could still manage half a bowl. The other thing is, sometimes I do feel hungry. Is this normal? as you hear people saying they never felt hungry again after their op x

You managed half a bowl but before any of the ops you would have had a whole bowl and a crusty roll and a chunk of cheese and a cake to follow so when you consider it, half a bowl is fab isn't it. Like the others said, when you get on to crunchy un pureed food you will really feel the difference.

Kate x

Try not to worry, it's too early to see the restriction you have. Lots of sleevers still get hunger. I do but food doesn't control my life anymore.

Back