• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Trapped wind has almost gone!

luckyla

This is one relieved sleever! I've had so much vomiting and discomfort since my op on 21/05/11. I'm now able to get fluids down so much more easily which is wonderful! :)
On my literature from the dieticians it says that it should take approx 30 mins to drink half a cup of liquid. Now that the trapped wind has eased it's not taking me this long to drink. Is this normal?
If I do drink too quickly I get a pain in my chest and have to burp so I presume that's my body telling me to slow down?

yeah its very normal i am six weeks out and have been able to drink about 200 mills at a time from about two weeks hope this helps

Bob

Out of interest, what do you eat now in a typical day? I'm still at the fluids stage but am curious as to how things will be as I progress?

pleased you trapped wind is going..theres nothing worse...:eek:

your're doing great..well done x

can't wait for my trapped wind to disappear. It's still waking me up in the middle of the night. I'm trying to slow down with the drinking but it's hard.

my breakfast is one weetabix soaked in milk
lunch i have soup well a third of a bowl
tea its protein little bit of chicken or turkey and vegs
supper depends how i feel low fat dessert or some fruit
have got a low fat protein shake from phd which i take if i need a boost and also a carb drink as a treat
but life revolves around getting enough fluid in and pacing enough time between drinking and eating

I keep forgetting to sip my drinks.xx

Back