• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worst dump

Wendy1

Just thought i'd ask What is the worst thing you have eaten that made you dump. Mine was soup from Merry England, and doc sent me for glucose test:cry::cry:

Just thought i'd ask What is the worst thing you have eaten that made you dump. Mine was soup from Merry England, and doc sent me for glucose test:cry::cry:

Soup ??? is anything safe to eat??? Hope you feel better now, Wendy xxx :):)

Oh poor Wendy :cry: My one and only dump so far was with cupasoup. Had one since then with no problem so I am sure that I drank too much too quickly :cry:

ww tomato soup and kiwi actimel yoghurt for me :(

Do you think its because of the sugar in the yog? I had a look today at low fat yogs and the sugar is like 15g!

On Sat morning I dumped on tsp of low fat and low sugar peanut butter. 1.5 hrs later felt "odd" went to the loo wasn't sure which end I wanted to use!!:eek:

A "wave" swept over me vision blurred and lost any sense of sound just a ringing noise.:wave_cry:
Completely passed out for about 15mins, came to in a cold sweat and shaking. Coloured green and terrible griping pains, couldnt move for 45 mins at all. Spent the next hour on and off the loo the crashed out for another 3 hours.

I phoned the nurse Monday morning when I still had the griping pains, she told me that even packaging isn't always correct!!! What hope have we got:cry:

My episode wasn't helped because my blood pressure was too low due to my BP medication ( now been stopped by the Drs - after only 20 days!!! only good thing to say about the event)

I will not be doing that again!!!!!

tomato soup, chicken soup and cereal, worst cereal i dump with is Kellogs Cornflakes, way too much sugar in them, best cereal is weetabix for bypassers x

Wow, I am amazed by this list. Think I will have a food phobia post op lol

Everyone is different and what makes you dump one day wont the next!Some never dump and others are very prone to it.Some have it for a few months then are less sensitive.When it happend to me for the one and only time I thought I was dying!Both ends at the same time,sweats,ringing ears almost passed out.Felt soooo bad for a good while.That was on the end of a fish and three chips!Never had it since and I now eat everything but pasta.

Hiya all, please excuse me for been silly but I am yet to have my op. What do you mean when u say dump ???

Hot flushes, sweats, dizziness, nausea, headache, stomach cramps, loose bowels, tiredness. A reaction to to much sugar or fat in what you've eaten. Can last a short while or for several hours. Some foods will trigger it one day & not the next or vice versa. It's all part of the learning curve, some people never dump others are very sensitive, others occasional dumpers.

Any yoghurts, cornflakes, any sort of crisps (thank goodness), most soups and hummus.

Back