• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would i be allowed one low fat hot choc on the milk diet

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all well i think u know my question from my title lol, i was wondering if one low fat hot choc a day would be allowed, its 40 cals. I dont drink tea or coffee so its just i can then have a hot drink and also something sweet.
Thanks and take care xx

This is from the Luton & Dunstable diet leaflet we were given to follow.

Phase 2:
From Day 3 until the end of week 2 after your operation-Liquids only.

*On a liquid only diet it is important to ensure that the liquids you choose provide you with enough nourishment.

*It is important that you have enough protein in your diet. This is to make sure that the weight you are losing is not your lean body tissue. (muscle)

*You should aim for at least one and a half litres of fluid/3 pints per day. You will need to take your drinks in small volumes throughout the day.

*You should take nourishing, high protein drinks first. (see table below) and then take other fluids.

Nourishing high protein fluids.
Semi-skimmed milk
Condensed soups(made up with milk)
Smooth yoghurt (low fat)
Complan made up with milk
Slimfast shake
Sugar free angel delight/sugar free
Custard
Yoghurt drinks
Smoothies
Soya milk (non sweetened)
Oat milk

Other fluids
Blended soups
water
Sugar free squash
Vegetable of fruit juice
Tea or coffee
Stock drinks -oxo/bovril

Vitamin ans mineral supplements
About 1 week after surgery you should start to take your supplements. These are the mulivitamins and mineral, iron and calcium supplements prescribed by you GP. You may need to crush them and mix with a lttle yoghurt.

Nutritional supplement drinks
It is important to have enough protein each day. Your GP will be asked to prescibe you a 200ml carton of Fortimel drink per day, or a similar nutrional supplemet drink. You should drink 1 per day for the first 6-8 weeks after surgery. Keep refridgerated and try to sip half of the carton over 1-2 hours.

A Typical days intake might be.

Breakfast: 1 glass build up or slimfast or fortimel

Mid morning: 1 glass of milk

Lunch: 1 Small cup of soup, 1 cup smooth yoghurt.

Mid afternoon: 1 cup of milk

Evening meal 1 cup of complan or slimfast of half a fortimel.

Late snack: 1 glass of milk

Wow thanks for all the info but is that info for post op i am still pre op xx

Roch - the advice here is great - but I do think you ought to seek advice from your own dietician. Haven't they given you any clues as to other things to consume besides milk & yoghurt? May be you can try warm milk with sweetner in it? Ultimately seek advice from the dietician so you are sure beyond doubt what you can and can't have.

L&D Milk diet is:

4 pints of semi skimmed milk
1 stock cube in water
1 multi vit
Sugar free jellies

i agree Roch ask your team. I had the number for my dietitian and used to ring her if i was unsure. I used to have oxo with a tad of pepper in for my hot drink. I had hot milk for my sweet fix and if you have sugar put a spoon of splenda in as it is artificial sugar. Hope that helps hun xxx

Roch - the advice here is great - but I do think you ought to seek advice from your own dietician. Haven't they given you any clues as to other things to consume besides milk & yoghurt? May be you can try warm milk with sweetner in it? Ultimately seek advice from the dietician so you are sure beyond doubt what you can and can't have.

Ty CC will do so xxx

i agree Roch ask your team. I had the number for my dietitian and used to ring her if i was unsure. I used to have oxo with a tad of pepper in for my hot drink. I had hot milk for my sweet fix and if you have sugar put a spoon of splenda in as it is artificial sugar. Hope that helps hun xxx

Thanks Lisa good advice xx

Back