• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wrap - Plication

TeakMonkey

Please can anyone recommend a clinic performing the Wrap in the Uk, I'm really loath to travel abroad for this. Many thanks :)

Thank you Snow White, nice of you to reply ! Yes I came across Prof Ammori, very polite response to my written enquiry, sadly not affordable. I'll keep looking :)

It's a shame really. It is such a great op! I understand about the travelling thing. But, it really was gentle and totally stress free. I was actually sad when the week was up. LOL Good Luck x

Lot of money to have it done in the UK (£7.5k) - but for me, it was worth it.

I dont think it's available on the NHS yet and you do need to sign that you understand it is still an experimental proceedure.

If something went wrong being abraod alone would not be great, I've now found couple places now in the UK offering Wrap for less than £5.5k. For peace of mind, I'd prefer to pay just a little bit more and be close to home. I'll let you know how I get on, thank you for all of the responses !

If something went wrong being abraod alone would not be great, I've now found couple places now in the UK offering Wrap for less than £5.5k. For peace of mind, I'd prefer to pay just a little bit more and be close to home. I'll let you know how I get on, thank you for all of the responses !

That's great news! You've actually reminded me when I was looking a few weeks ago I had found a couple of places down south that had started doing it! I totally forgot. Good to hear the price is coming down as well. If I could have got the wrap in this country for not much more then I am paying I would have preferred to stay in this country, purely for the convenience! I hope you manage to get sorted!

I don't know much about the wrap or if aftercare is required, that would be something I would be considering in deciding to go abroad or have the op in the UK.

Good luck with your research :D

just check if the UK prices quoted include or exclude anesthetist fees etc. MY local Spire originally quoted me X amount by phone - but didnt tell me that Y was additional charges and it was actually Z (if that makes any sense)

I eventually went to Spire Manchester who quoted me an all inclusive price including 2 years worth of after care / dieticians appointments / etc

If it's around £5.5k incl everything - that's really really good !

just check if the UK prices quoted include or exclude anesthetist fees etc. MY local Spire originally quoted me X amount by phone - but didnt tell me that Y was additional charges and it was actually Z (if that makes any sense)

I eventually went to Spire Manchester who quoted me an all inclusive price including 2 years worth of after care / dieticians appointments / etc

If it's around £5.5k incl everything - that's really really good !

Yes that is really good i must say

I've been looking at the wrap providers in uk and on the right choice website it says a wrap is £8600 not sure about bmi coz they don't have a price on their website.

Obviously negottiable in that case :) My quote is from Right Choice UK and is £5450, if anyone is interested I can send the details of the Director Client Services.

It's great that its coming down in price in the uk. At that price it only makes it about 500 more than some of the companies that provide the surgery abroad. For me I would prefer to save the little extra and stay in this country. When are you hoping to be wrapped?

Back