• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

writing to doc /consultants and pct 4 wls help

tracie_40

hi everyone,hope your all feeling ok today.
the help/advice i need please is this.
been to doctors he showed me the referal form for wls ,all these questions etc and put it away.
at the moment i've lost 1stone 8 lbs on a low fat diet that was as of monday morning.
started reductil monday morning not getting weighed till next monday.
my bmi is 45.5 and i have a few other health problems.
i'm wanting to write a letter to my doctor and 3 consultants to get them to fill in the referal forms,so i need to give them as much info as possible ,can anyone tell me what i need to write down.
have no idea at all.
please help.
kindest regards tracie
sorry for babling on hope it makes sense.

Hi Tracie,

I didn't have to do this, so not sure what exactly needs to be included. I would include your full history of your weight, what you have tried (for how long and what results), and how your weight affects you (physically and emotionally).

I agree with shel, just tell them how you feel everything.....I did not have to go through this either so sorry not much use.....xx

As well as the suggestions above it might be helpful to record if as your weight increased your other health problems developed (if that is the case) e.g. in my own case at 16 stone I became mildly hypertensive worsened at 18stone then at 20 stone developed severe arthritis. Its also helpful to add in your social situation e.g caring for children or other caring responsibilites.

M

Back