• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

meal out regrets

cherylxx

i am so upset right now.
tonight as a treat for my 15 year old son we went out to dinner to a local carvery pub.
now i do have a hearty appetite but my plate wasnt exactly piled high, just a typical portion i see many people eat in there.
although u are allowed to return for seconds, i never have and wouldnt even if i wanted more due to the stigma.
well, as i was walking with my plate back to our table there was a small group of men sitting at a nearby table.
one man immediately looked me up and down and then leant forward and said something i couldnt hear to the other 2 men who turned and looked at me as i sat down.
they then laughed loudly and very directly towards me before turning away and continueing their conversations.
i was horrified and left feeling very vulnerable, intimidated and hurt.
i didnt enjoy any of the meal (couldnt even eat it all, in fact) and felt like everyone was watching me.
i dont want a large appetite anymore. im tired of feeling greedy. i dont eat til im full to bursting, i only eat until i feel full.
right now im feeling very, well, fat and ugly i would say best describes how i feel right now.
i really hope i get funding for wls. im so tired of feeling like i can only eat in comfort when at home.
im so sorry i went out to dinner tonight :cry:.

hi hun first of all you are alowed to eat you are only human and you went out with your son you still have to carry on with family life too and be there as mum he prob got loads out of tonight ..

i love carvery dinners .. love loads of veg ..... and as for the fellas at the other table .. they wouldent have been saying anything like a bunch of girl could .. they would of prob made a remark about ur boobs or something and i know that still isnt right however dont let it get you down .. personaly i would of peformed oral on a pottato had it been me lol sorry ....

theres not enough time to make memorys of going out and enjoying your self and food so do it as much a u can chick ..

but you think about u and ur family and your life never mid anyone else .... bugger them all hun xxx

big hugs coming your way - am sorry that you haven't had a good experience and that you have suffered from bigotted people who think they are perfect, you wont be this way forever hope your feeling better soon xXx

Im am sorry you had your family evening out spoilt by some ignorant morons. Sadly, it's very typical, especially nowadays in a society that reveres sp-called 'celebs' and the impossible quest for the perfect (airbrushed) body.

I bet those nasty men weren't perfect, were they?

Don't dwell on it huns, I know it hurts, but if you dwell it means they win and they just ain't worth the airtime. :hug99:

OOOO there is nothing worse Just think to your self I bet they have small widges lol

Some bloke grabbed my arse in a pub and his mate said to me he can not help it he loves a big arse. Quick as a flash I said he also can not help having an ugly mates That shut him up

Dont let the ******* get to you chick...they probably dont even remember it now and are getting on with their lives so dont let them stop you being you...you are a much nicer person as you would never make anyone feel the way they made you feel...so big ((((hug))) and try to forget the stupid guys....I do know its easy for me to say when you feel so down about it buttry and forget it and dont let them win further....xx

Oh hon, sorry it made you feel so bad. Most of the time the comments we imagine in our heads are worse than what is actually said but really try not to let the ill-mannered idiots get to you. Their lives must be pretty rubbish if they get their kicks by making other people feel bad. You have every right to a pleasant meal and to a social life and to go out with your family. I know it's hard to ignore but do try to forget them, they're idiots. What matters is you and your family. x:hug99:

Babe what a horrible thing to happen there are some horrible ignorant people out there...you must try hard to ignore them xxx

thank you for all your kind replies.
it seems my self esteem is at an all time low right now.
A few years ago i probably would have given them a few choice words of my own but tonight i just wanted to disappear.
the horrible thing is it made me question whether my hubby and son were embarrassed to be seen with me. i know thats crazy and sincerely hope I have never made them feel that way ever.
i try not to let stangers rudeness get me down but sometimes, well im sure we are all aware that sometimes we all feel a little fragile.
i ended up feeling really disappointed with myself for letting them make me feel like that and although i tried to get on with the meal i know my son noticed my change in mood.
some day i will be that slim confident woman but these people will always have their inner ugly showing.

hi cheryl hun ( long time no see ) im so sorry what you went through i no how you feel i go through it so much i see it as the norm now and wouldent expect it any other way
life can be cruel try to forget it happened hun dont let them upset you more than they already have ..
i see you are trying lipotrim , any luck? nice to see you around xx

hiya night,
lovely to see ya hun.
im not on lipotrim, i started on lipotrim before cambridge last year but for some reason when i try to change it i save changes and it puts it back to lipotrim again.
i know i shouldnt let them get to me and have had comments in the past.
i think perhaps a big factor was the fact that i havent been out socially for quite some time now and the minute i step out WHAM and im left wishing i had stayed in where i am safe from people i dont know and more importantly who dont know me.
i am obviously lower than i thought i was to have let it get to me the way it did.
how are u doing? im considering trying the JUDDD diet whilst i wait for my referral to progress.

Hey Cheryl (((hugs)))

Im so cross that these low life have spoiled your evening. How dare they.

I know its easier said than done, but try to forget it... Im sure they already have.

In a few months you will hopefully have had your op and be losing weight. They will still be useless arrogant t0ssers.

Chin up chuck xx

hun ive put on loads since stoping cd ( 3 stone ) i diet every day but you no how it is, im growing tired of it all to be honest ...whats the juddd diet ill try anything !!!!!! just i cant go into ketosis as it as it caused me gum problems

In a few months you will hopefully have had your op and be losing weight. They will still be useless arrogant t0ssers.

^^^^^^ love it :D

hi sam,
thank you for the reply.
im sure tomorrow will seem brighter. i couldnt feel any fatter than i do right now but it'll pass.
i wont be crying myself to sleep tonight like i used to. (trying to sound positive even if im not feeling it 100%):eek:

sounds interesting im off to have a look brb xx

i like the idea of that one day on one off ...seems a bit complicated though will have to read it properly

thank you vixie,
who would believe that words on a screen can lift ur feelings so much :)

Back