• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yay!!!!

Muppet

Dr Chris in Belgium will do my banding on 16th February providing he's happy with my X-rays (of my leaking band).

I sent these to him on Wednesday...just have to wait now for his mail, when he has looked at them.

I cant believe that after 12 months I may be back on the losing side.:D

Congratulations, will keep my fingers crossed that all is well. Good luck.

am really pleased for you muppet fingrs crossed your x rays are ok.

great news Muppet, got everything crossed for you :)

2h8clft.jpg

Girlies..so nice of you.

BJ Dr Chris is a very reputable surgeon, just google his name and see for yourself.

The cost of the op in Belgium is normally 3950 euros I think but they have an offer on for February which is 100euros less.

The pound is low against the euro but its still cheaper than the UK. Its under £4000 even at these rates.

Because he does so many Band ops, he can do it cheaper.

I have to pay the full fee, because of band removal, and because I'm an old trout I have to pay an extra 500euros, cos I will probably have to stay in hospital for 2 days instead of 1.

But I have read such a lot from different sources that I feel pretty safe in his hands.

I will pm you BJ.;)

good luck with it x

Thank you Liz

Thanks Muppet

Got your PM and have read all, very impressive!

Just a bit worried about having it done abroad but have to admit I am tempted.

What about travel insurance? is it safe to fly home so soon after surgery..a lot of people on the website you sent me did?

I worry too much! New Years resolution I think xx:8855:

Thank you Charliegirl and FGslim.

BJ, No, it doesnt hurt to fly I shouldnt think or they wouldnt be recommending it would they....and dont forget no saline is put into the band when first implanted.

I only found that the band tightened on a flight over 4/5 hours, because of the continued pressure I suppose.

I was very scepticle about having the op done abroad and plumped (sorry for the pun) for the UK, and look what happened to me, could things have gotten any worse?

But at the end of the day hunny you have to do what your heart tells you to do. Always trust your instincts and go with whatever you feel safe and comfortable with.

Good luck in whatever you decide. xx

Back