• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yoghurts

Denise1966

hi was just wondering all the high protein yogurts seem to be probiotic are we allowed these im 10 days post op xx:)

muller light yoghurts are ok to have you know.

How you finding it Denise since your op? I couldn't really stick to just puréed food so I'm now in-between puréed and mashed hope I'm not doing any harm to myself. Hope all is going well x

How Did the op go? Are you feeling better? How was the pain? Sorry for all the questions, got 6 weeks to go and a bit worried / excited.
Have you found anything particularly good food wise or anything terrible?

HI ladies i has a bypass last August and i luckily only had pain the day after op after that was slight discomfort getting up n down off bed n setee etc othert than that i was fine my consultant told me to practice taking deep breaths and i think that helped a lot I also found that fromage frais yoghurts were nice to eat just the little kid ones at first the munch bunch ones and low fat custard i used to stew my own fruit apples strawberries raspberries bananas all separately of course, i was scared about what i could and copuldn't eat my husband took over the meals and he looked at my diet sheets and concocted everything so i didnt have todo anything for the first fortnight until i got my head around what i was allowed and how much a portion size was. Its alot to take in when you've had a n op i was very tired for a couple of weeks but went back to work after 2 weeks and touch wood never really looked back. xx good luck xx

I'm back to work on Monday, it'll be just over 2 wks after the op. I feel great in myself slightly worried that the foods not puréed enough but not getting any pain or discomfort when eating so i assume this is ok. I do however get a strange feeling when I drink, at first I thought I may be gulping but I've starting taking more notice and I'm only sipping it, is the strange feeling normal? The other thing im sick of is stinky breath, I've never used so much mouth wash or brushed my teeth so much in all my life!! x

I think the breath problem is common however be careful with the more solid food it can expand your opening into the stomach and you will end up being able to eat more food than was intended also its to give your inside time to heal thats also why the water and protein is needed to speed up the healing process. Hope that meakes sense to you. xx

ive been told im not allowed bk to work at the least till my six week check as your not supposed to lift or anything xx

Thanks for that it does make sense, I'm worried that I've stretched it now! I'm eating plenty of protein and drinking loads. I'm going back to puréed for another few wks then. Arrrrrhhhhh hope i have ruined it by eating mashed rather than puréed! I'll be gutted if I have x

My sick note was for only 2 wks, nurse that discharge me said I could have up to 6-8 wks off but most go back after 2 wks. Have have no choice with lifting I have a little boy who was only 1 last week! x

No it'l be ok just give it a bit longer plenty gravy on your mash but get the meat well ground its the hardest to digest at this stage without gravy feels dry so you can imagine what its like going down without gravy, why have pain or discomfort if we don't need it. xx

yes p5are i just had 2 week sick note offered me longer but i was fine and ready sick of being baby sat by the family. Yeah you hav to get on with things when you ahve little ones thankfully mine are in their 20's now xx

I was told that I would be in hospital 1 night and off work for a week. I don't do any lifting in my job, but do quite a lot of driving and it can be very stressful. Do you advise being off longer? Was anyone ready to go back to work after a week? I work full time. The other issue is that I have 7 children from 13-1 at home so it is often easier and quieter at home if I am honest lol

Sar2576 - which op are u having? I had a bypass and I was in 3 nights cos I had to go in the afternoon before my op. it all depends how you feel really, maybe a week is a bit soon but everyone is different. Good luck with ur op and wishing u a speedy recovery x

I was told that I would be in hospital 1 night and off work for a week. I don't do any lifting in my job, but do quite a lot of driving and it can be very stressful. Do you advise being off longer? Was anyone ready to go back to work after a week? I work full time. The other issue is that I have 7 children from 13-1 at home so it is often easier and quieter at home if I am honest lol

Hi I had my op 10days ago and feel fine to work, but my job has a lot of heavy lifting, so my boss want me to have 6 weeks off then on light duties, but hey who am I to argue as it still full pay :D
But my surgeons letter to my gp says no driving for 2 weeks and the physio also gave me a sheet that said no driving for 2 weeks as well. So I would be carefull as u may not be insured xxx

Oh sorry cant help with the yoghurts as I am a few days behind u, well a surpose I can as my providers sheet says u can have actimel and they are fine for me

Yeah if you are going to be lifting you need to be careful I waited at least 3 months before getting back to serious exercise just did lots of walking went back to gym in January do about 40 minutes cardio n little bit of weights but you can see difference but have waited a while only probs is once i go to gym my weight loss slowsdown some people lose more i lose less but i look better than my weight sounds if you get my drift Iv always looked heavy but people same size as me weigh couple of stones lighter, not fair but thats the way it is you take it easy and if they guna pay you to be off then thats brill they won't recognise you when you go back, they'll think you the new girl x

Back