• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yoghurts

P5ARE said:
Sar2576 - which op are u having? I had a bypass and I was in 3 nights cos I had to go in the afternoon before my op. it all depends how you feel really, maybe a week is a bit soon but everyone is different. Good luck with ur op and wishing u a speedy recovery x

Thanks! I am also having the bypass at Telford, privately with mr sigurdsson. He has said that as long as I have someone who can keep an eye on me at home then he sees no issue with I night in hospital. I am going for my pre op the week before as my medical history is far from straightforward!

vickylou said:
Hi I had my op 10days ago and feel fine to work, but my job has a lot of heavy lifting, so my boss want me to have 6 weeks off then on light duties, but hey who am I to argue as it still full pay :D
But my surgeons letter to my gp says no driving for 2 weeks and the physio also gave me a sheet that said no driving for 2 weeks as well. So I would be carefull as u may not be insured xxx

Will have to look into the driving thing, got one of my cases coming out of prison 10 days after op so really need to be back by then.

Sar2567 said:
Will have to look into the driving thing, got one of my cases coming out of prison 10 days after op so really need to be back by then.

I have been told your insurance won't cover you if you drive too soon and have an accident. I am not 100% sure though, as I don't drive lol

My letter I got today confirmed I will be in 3 nights because my op is on a Friday, so won't be able to do a swallow test in the imaging department until Monday.

Denise1966 said:
im taking what ever i can on full pay lol never had any time off before xxx

Don't blame ya chick!!!

I am self employed. It's not going well anyway. So my time away won't make much odds lol

i work with people who have learning disabilities and challenging behavior so unpredictable too not prepared to put me self at risk xx

Yeah if you are going to be lifting you need to be careful I waited at least 3 months before getting back to serious exercise just did lots of walking went back to gym in January do about 40 minutes cardio n little bit of weights but you can see difference but have waited a while only probs is once i go to gym my weight loss slowsdown some people lose more i lose less but i look better than my weight sounds if you get my drift Iv always looked heavy but people same size as me weigh couple of stones lighter, not fair but thats the way it is you take it easy and if they guna pay you to be off then thats brill they won't recognise you when you go back, they'll think you the new girl x

Lol just been into work now to drop sick note in, I work in a families home looking after one of their little boy who have server cereal palsy, so I can't keep away really I miss him too much. My boss, the little boys mum is taking me out for the morning for a coffee on Thursday as she is missing me so much, offered to buy my lunch at first lol as she forgot I couldn't eat for a while lol

vickylou said:
Lol just been into work now to drop sick note in, I work in a families home looking after one of their little boy who have server cereal palsy, so I can't keep away really I miss him too much. My boss, the little boys mum is taking me out for the morning for a coffee on Thursday as she is missing me so much, offered to buy my lunch at first lol as she forgot I couldn't eat for a while lol

That's real sweet :D

Fuffs said:
I have been told your insurance won't cover you if you drive too soon and have an accident. I am not 100% sure though, as I don't drive lol

My letter I got today confirmed I will be in 3 nights because my op is on a Friday, so won't be able to do a swallow test in the imaging department until Monday.

I'm having my op on a Friday.... So wish it was this Friday but sadly not! I wonder if it is the same for me? I am private at the princess royal hospital in Telford but I guess they will also have less staff at the weekend? Has anyone else been in this situation? Mr Sigurdsson does ops on a Tuesday and Friday and said to expect just 1 night in. Would hope that he would have said if I have op on Friday it will mean longer in. Will ask when I go for my pre op the week before.

Good luck for Friday Fuffs! We will be thinking about you.

Back