• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yorkshire Lass

TeddyGirl

Hello everyone, I am due to go to Dolan Park on 28th June 14 to have a band with Mr Smellie, i cant bloomin wait! I wanted to do it early June but i have a big work project on so end of June is my first chance, so i have snatched it!
Daughter is getting married early next year so its time to make a proper start! Not that i haven't made a start before, i have made a million starts and each and every one of them has stopped pretty sharpish to be honest. I have managed to lose about 3 stone over the last 6 years, i say 3 stone, i have probably lost far more than that but its off then its on, then its off then its off, i have been working so hard to get into the 'zone', i cant even see find the 'zone' never mind get in it!
I am having a Band (daughter thinks its going to be a balloon), only husband knows, its not that i am ashamed i just get fed up of telling people i am making a start and then it going nowhere!
3 weeks today i will be done, Bring it on i say!
Looking forward to being able to talk about whats happening to me.

hi welcome and good luck

Thanks Adele, you are doing fabulously, i hope i can do as well!

Hello and welcome to a great site all the guys and gals here are soo helpful and friendily
good luck in all you wish for

Thanks for being so welcoming, its so nice to talk to people about what i am doing, that's the downside of keeping it to myself i suppose, not being able to talk to people about my procedure. I have now told my daughter, i really don't like lying, she is being very positive for me, its her wedding and i am determined to be slim for it, i don't have an ideal weight but i would love my mother of the bride outfit to be a size 10/12, do you think that's possible? I have 9 months, i really don't want to not shift my weight till after the wedding, i need to do it before!
Like i say, thanks for being so welcoming! Looking forward to getting to know people and their stories, its so interesting and quite comforting to know i am now in the company of lots of women who know how i feel.
XxX

Anything is possible if you work hard enough to achieve it stay positive and when you get the band in just work with it and the team to hit your goals

welcome to the site & good luck with your journey xx

your goals are very doable, just remember its a tool to help you acheive its not a magic wand..... you will be fine, having a goal to aim for always helps :)

Thanks GemZy, you look to be doing fabulously. I am noticing that i am eating like a little baby horse, a baby horse that is eating for two to be honest, is this usual? I am not worried about the band at all, in fact i paid for it today, which is a deal do i know, but long term it has to be a saving i hope!
Did anyone else start eating like a crazy person once they had the band/surgery planned?
XxX

Hi Denise, I managed to log onto a PC and found your thread :) You mentioned wanting to wear a size 10/12 dress to your daughters weddings in April, if you don't mind me asking what size are you wearing now? I am sure its doable if you put your mind to it and the support of the band! My mum used to be a size 14/16 (not huge I know) but got into a size 10 for my wedding, she is now a size 8 and a weight watchers leader! If you had told me a few years ago that would be the case I wouldn't have believed you.
And yes, I'm still eating more than I usually would at the moment. I'm not proud of it but I've never been on a countdown like this before. I'm a foody (greedy pig) and knowing many things are going to be difficult to eat for a long time, possibly even for life, means I cant help myself thinking "just one last......". So you aren't alone but its not for much longer! x

Morning Laura. I love the idea of a bucket list for food, that's just how I am thinking about it. I never thought of a BBQ or BK, I am going to try and put them out of my mind, like you I think I need to start pre'ping for my pre op diet. We need to start our pre pre op diet, let's start today?
I am a full size 16 at the moment, I have got 9 months to lose 4 stone, I have worked out if I have a big push during the fluid 2 weeks I would be fine with 1lb a week, but between me and you I would like to lose more than that if I am honest.
I haven't met Mr Smellie (he he) yet, I am going to struggle to keep a straight face when I do I think!
My only sad thing about my daughters wedding is I love prosecco and she is serving that, we aren't supposed to have fizzy drinks post op, so not sure how I will cope?!? And not just at the wedding really, not sure what I will drink for my Friday night/end of the week treat?
Have a smashing Wednesday!
Pre pre op Day 1!
Denise.
XxX

I think you can definitely reach your target of a size 10 in that case, and you will feel a million dollars for all the photos and seeing people you haven't seen in a while etc etc
So I haven't weighed myself this morning (or for a while) so how about we weigh ourselves tomorrow and make that our starting weight? We can have a one week pre pre op diet challenge? I need a boost, and I can't keep gaining weight before I start! x

You are on Laura. Tomorrow is our pre op weight, it's daft to be banking weight on at this point, if we push on we will definitely be a stone down at the end of our fluid 2 weeks?
Day 1 pre pre op starts on the 11th June 2014!!!
Good Luck to both of us.
XxX

Thanks for the good luck wishes. I will let you know exactly what it's like.
What are you having done? I am having a band!
Looking forward to getting there and getting this show on the road!
Denise
XxX

4 stone in 9 months is easily do-able. I've lost 4 and half stone in 5 and half months with my band & its only just starting to work properly for me. The initial rapid weight loss is a real boost & helps keep you motivated whilst you wait for restriction. I'm hoping for another 3 stone by my 9 month anniversary.
If you follow the rules you cant go too wrong.
I still have fizzy drinks too with no problem
Good luck with your weight loss :)

Wow Emma your weight loss is fabulous. I hope I can do the same as you have, oh you have really given me a boost.
I thought fizzy drinks were a no no? That has bucked me up even more thinking I might still be able to have a glass of Cava!
Thanks. Stick with it.
Denise
XxX

bypass is no fizzy not surw with band as thats a whole different ball game

Back