• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yorkshire Lass

Never as the gas expands the pouch if u want fizzy pop you have to wait for it to go totally flat b4 drinking so all gas has gone from it

Is that the same with a band? I do love a glass of fizzy wine!
Thanks

Hi Denise, my provider told me to watch the 8 golden rules of lap band on you tube. It's split across about 4 videos as it's probably about 15mins long but is quite good for answering questions like that. I watched it and found it quite useful.
I was told fizzy drinks (diet) are ok in moderation but you might struggle to take it with a meal. You can also add ice to take away some of the fizz. So I imagine you can still have a glass at the wedding :) x

I dont drink anything immediately before, during or after eating as i find it helps the food to slip through easier, making me hungrier quicker

Really dont know on band just know with my providers its def no no with bypass and no drinking anything 30 minutes before or after meals

Thanks for the welcome John.

ahhh Teddy found you too :) my guidelines with my band are NO fizzy and no drinking 30 mins before or after food...... the reasoning is ........if you drink before eating it will fill you, and if you drink straight after it will wash your food thru your band, which is pointless lol so its like clock watch in the early days drink, dont drink, eat don't eat LOL but gets easier promise. I'm sure the odd glass of fizz will be fine on a special occasion :)

Back