• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

you are all fab

dazali

:wave_cry:
hi my name is alison i am due to have my surgery in january but i dont know what to expect i heard about the web site through phatgirls husband as he was talking to my husband yesterday so i have been reading all your support for each other you all sound fab .

i started to put weight on when i had my first child in 1990 and i have had 2 more since i have tried everything to loose weight but with no success so here i am at my last chance for a normal life .

i have just met the new surgeon mr ammori he is very nice better than axsica who i did not like at all i dont know how i will feel after the surgery and how long i will be in hospital so i would like to join your little club if you will have me

thanks alison

Hi Alison

Welcome to Minis!

Any questions you have just ask and there is always someone around to answer anything, don't be afraid to ask anything at all as no question is silly!

Nic xxx

thanks to everyone

hi i just dont really know how long i will be in hospital and how i will feel after surgery as well i am a bit worried about balancing my food after so i get the right nutriants in my diet so i dont become poorly you all sound so supportive and it is nice to talk to someone who has been through it all as my friends are supportive and my family but they dont know how worried i feel about it all and i dont really like to worry them to much thanks x:wave_cry:

phatgirl can you talk

i your husband was talking to my husband last night and told him that you had just had surgery and gave us this website so he said to get in touch to ask any questions that you would help so i have some worries about it .

what did you feel like after surgery did you feel tired and sicky x

hi alison, welcome to minis.

liz x

Hi Alison;),

I had Mr. Ammori and I was in the hospital for less than 36 hours total, just stayed in one night. I was sore, swollen and windy for about a week. I felt good the second week, enough to get out of the house and meet up with some lovely women from this forum, one of them who was just 1 week post-op and was up for spending the day in the Trafford Centre. Everyone is different though, you will heal faster than you think!;) Just rest, relax and enjoy your new post-op life. Most people do take off 2 weeks from work though.

As for food, I was on liquids for two weeks then I went to puree which I am still on. It is not as hard as it sounds, I found it pretty easy if not a little boring (liquid). When you are ready I will be happy to share my recipes, in fact here is a link to a couple of threads I started about food post-op:

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/66935-food-puree-stage-recipes.html

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/67707-where-get-tasty-protein-supplements.html

Mr. Ammori's team will provide you with complete instructions of what to eat and how to progress back to normal food. He is very good that way.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

what did you feel like after surgery did you feel tired and sicky x

Yes, I have felt tired & a bit sicky but to be honest not more than a bad monthly cycle. I did not have much in the way of pain, just sore and a ton of wind from the surgery. All was helped by moving around everyday & getting lots of rest. For the first 2 weeks I napped every day, sometimes twice. It was lovely just to relax.

Welcome dazali, nice to have you here.

You'll find many Ammori admirers here, and we're all here to help out with questions and support. Feel free to lean on us :)

hi everyone thanks to everyone for there support i have also got sleep apnea and i am on a cpap machine and after the surgery i have to go to hdu did anyone else have to go and how long where they in hospital then mr axisa said it would be a week but i dont know with mr ammori never thought to ask did everyone find the 2 week liver diet hard and how much weight did you lose before the surgery and is anyone worried about the skin after weight loss does anyone go to the gym and would anyone be interested in going once i get over the op
thanks to everyone alison x

I wanted to get to all your questions so I numbered them:

1) did anyone else have to go [to hdu] and how long where they in hospital then mr axisa said it would be a week but i dont know with mr ammori never thought to ask

I did not since I do not have sleep apnea, maybe someone else can answer this one for you

2) did everyone find the 2 week liver diet hard and how much weight did you lose before the surgery

I found it hard as I was not controling my portions before hand so I was very hungry & tired. I lost about 20lbs which is kinda high, just shows you how much crap I ate before that! Here is a link to a thread about the pre-op diets:

http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/65196-liver-shrinking.html

3) is anyone worried about the skin after weight loss

Yes, I am concerned but not overly so, I would rather be thin, healthy & flabby than stay fat. I will probably want some reconstructive surgery down the line (my bat wings are wobbly now which will only get worse).

4) does anyone go to the gym

I don't yet but I am thinking about it. I really want to start water aerobics, have done them before and loved it.

here's a link about exercise:
http://www.minimins.com/surgical-weight-loss/67747-exercise-what-kind-can-do-you-do.html

5) would anyone be interested in going once i get over the op

Sure, let's talk about it when you are a few weeks post-op:D

its really nice to talk to someone who has gone through it all as my family and friends are so supportive but dont really understand what all my thoughts are .

i dont really know how much weight you can loose with gastric bypass i have been told so many different storys so not sure myself i have been reading all your recipes they all sound so nice and sound very good i didnt know about all the injections after you come home non of the surgeons have told me about it but you got to do what you got to do .
alison x

Hi Alison,

I started at the gym about 7 weeks ago, am now 4 1/2 months post op. I have loose skin already, but I'm not that bothered about it. When the time comes I'll get it fixed.

The injections are fine, they don't hurt really, a bit of a dull ache as the heparin goes in but it soon passes.

Most surgeons agree you can lose 70% of your excess weight within the first year post op. BUT everyone is different. It depends on lots of things, including you and your attitude post op.

Glad you are browsing the threads, they are goldmines of good info. Don't worry about the injections. It is only for a week and is pretty easy.

Most people are able to loose 70% of their excess weight after the bypass over the first 18 months - 2 years. Some loose more and some loose less. It is all up to your body and of course the food choices you make as well as exercise.

I was worried about the injections before hand as I hate needles but they are so quick and easy and I was made to do the first one on day one which made it so much easier....I actually missed them afterwards lol...xx

CG, you might want to get that checked, Needle Affection??? Hehe;)

Hi Alison

I had Basil Ammori to and was at the Alexandra in Cheadle, i spent the first night post op in ICU as i had sleep apnea too, though i never had a breathing machine ! but they decided that it may be prudent to watch my breathing post op, and infact it was actually quite nice knowing there was someone there with me all night ! Strangely the apnea is the first thing to improve after the op.

Dont worry you will be absolutely fine under mr Ammori, he's superb and really does know his stuff, infact i've never heard anyone here say anything bad about him, he has a very high success rate and very little post op complications, if your like me your'll wake up and think 'what was that all about' :D i had no pain or issues post op !

Hi alison and welcome to minis. i had the bypass done by Mr Ammori 6 months ago. you are in safe hands x

dazali do i take it you are in oldham if yr husband was talking to PGs lovely hubby. I was the one who was at the TC one week post op and havent had any pain or tiredness.
There was another girl in with me who had sleep apnea who went to HDU but she was only there for the one night and came up to the ward i was on the following morning. she stayed in for an extra night but was fine.
I started back swimming after 11 days and plan on doing my aqua aerobics class next week (4 weeks post op)
every one is different and you will soon learn yr own pace.
take care and dont worry
HC

Back