• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you buy your mate for her birthday after WLS????

charliegirl

Well its my 50th on sunday and one of my friends, who knows about my surgery, arrived today with flowers and CHOCOLATES!!! for my birthday, she wanted to take me to lunch and I warned her that I could only eat small amounts but she said it was fine, I ordered jacket potatoe with prawns as there was nothing else suitable apart from soup and I have had enough of that...she told me to eat slow but then scoffed hers down and rushed me, told me to eat more which I could not do then told me not to waste it to ask for a doggy bag and said in future to just have plain pot or just the prawns as it was a waste! She knows I have not eaten chocolate or sweet stuff for months and to top it off she never commented on my weight loss! Not quite sure how I feel right now lol..well apart from a bit sick with eating a tad more than I wanted...but felt guilty as she was buying...xx

sometimes we take our friends for granted and dont realise wots going on in their lives and vice versa, i found when i lost weight (nearly 41/2 st) nobody not even my mother in law commented because they see you as you and your weight isnt an issue until you put it back on and then they say remember when you lost all that weight you looked good and healthy and it really suited you. As well its a change for our friends who we normally go out to lunch with to except. I can only imagine how you must feel, but keep your chin up and hope that if you keep going on she might get the fact that you cant eat like you used to. You keep up the good work and soon she will have to notice and comment on your weight loss.

Incase i forget to say it

:birthday: for sunday

Dont worry, you can eat the chocolates, just have a couple a night, it shouldn't hurt your weight lose having just a couple !

If i go out to a resturant now i tend to select items from the menu and ask if they can be combined, in one place i had two items from the starter menu put together to make a main because i knew i could eat it, most chefs will do whatever they can to accomodate wierd requests, after all its your money they want, so long as your willing to pay more or a different price most places will accomodate, as an example the harvester along the road from me does half a chicken, chips, veg and corn on the cob, so i normally just ask for the chicken, but instead of the chips, veg and corn ask for a side salad or some coleslaw to be added instead, and they are quite happy to do this as i'm paying the same amount, but eating less food !

Eating out is a bit different and you learn and understand how to go about it, and as the variety of food and amounts you can consume go up it gets a bit easier !

As for your friend, if you go out again you need to explain that your not being funny with her, you have a stomach the size of a golf ball and cant fit much more into it, any more and it hurts, plus tell her that if your just having a starter instead of a main course then your saving her money ! lol ;)

Thanks Tes and Richard...I dont eat chocolates stopped well before I had my surgery and just dont fancy anything sweet so my son has now got them....also the place my friend picked for lunch did not have a good menu, I need to ensure I know where we go before hand...I feel a bit ungrateful but the more I tried to explain the more she dissed it...I have to say I also think as she struggles to maintain her slim weight she might resent the fact I am dropping the pounds...oh well never mind....xx

Thanks Tes for your birthday wishes....xx

Happy Birthday for sunday hun:D, and your mate just doesn't get it does she;):rolleyes:

Hiya Linda
Some people just don't understand :( I have got one friend who to be honest I regret telling about my WLS because she doesn't see why I can't 'just go on a diet'...I have been battling with my weight since I was 12 years old so if I could do this through dieting I would have kinda cracked it by now!!...I think you just have to be guided by your body about how much you eat and also choosing healthy choices when you can...as you said, I think if we familiarise ourself s with where we are going first we will know the menu and be more confident with what we order...
Anyway- Happy Birthday for Sunday!! Have you got anything special planned?? ;)
Xxx Lizzie xxX

My daughter took my husband and I out for a meal on Monday, to a Harvester. I was a little horrified at the thought of ordering an 8oz steak which I knew I would leave thre quarters of. Then I saw the childrens menu. They had a 4oz steak which I had with salad and pepper sauce told them I didn't want the chips. I had a really nice meal and did not feel guilty for wasting most of the meal.

Hi Loll thats what I thought I would be able to have but the pub was down by the docks and the menu and service very limited...there were only four starters, one was cabannara (sp), the other deep fried cheese, a soup and cheese stuffed mushrooms, think on hindsight I should of stuck to the soup...a lesson learnt though lol...xx

Back