• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

I have to be honest and admit that I rely on the fact that I'm on my feet walking all day to deal with the active side - I will rejoin the gym once its rebuilt, but I don't do any extra right now. I do find it easier to lose when I'm working tho for a host of reasons.

So despite a lot of moaning it suddenly occured to me that it hadn't been so long since that wedding photo. And I had a look - and check out my collarbones! I am a little shocked - hadn't thought there was that much of a difference. Word to the wise - the scales lie.

Attachments

• collarbones.jpg
    collarbones.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 582
There is always a difference in your month to month photos hun and I'm so happy that you can finally see it for yourself ;) ... & yes the scales do let us down sometimes by tell huge whopping lies :)

There is always a difference in your month to month photos hun and I'm so happy that you can finally see it for yourself ;) ... & yes the scales do let us down sometimes by tell huge whopping lies :)

Lol thanks hon. My partner says that - and then I really can't see it most of the time. What strange heads we have.

Bally I have had a tough month with losses so its helpful and reassuring to see a physical hange.

Yve you look & are fantastic in so many ways. Don't be to tough on yourself realise how far you've come not how far you may still want to go. I got so bogged down in the desperation to lose that last stone, despite the 8 st I'd already lost I classed myself as a failure because of 1measly st. Don't let your head do that to you. You are amazing.

I get what you're saying penny don't get me wrong. But I don't just have one stone to go - I have a minimum of 5 if I'm to get to a healthy weight.

Very true hon :) I think sometimes tho the dieticians just spout from their hymn sheet and they forget how desperate we are lol. I have to say, slimming world has been fab with getting my losses going again.

Agree with this after my recent experience. Was quite upset when she told me I should only aim for another 1 1/2 stone loss! I told her 70% loss was an average - and for me my goal is 85%, and I dont think that is unrealistic. Not to mention that she told me I could eat too much (questioned whether I was abusing my pouch), but had lost weight too quickly! Doesn't make sense to me. My mum said she had just swallowed a textbook, I'm inclined to agree.

Oh I have a weird and wobbly midriff too, tummy has shrunk so much, but that spare tyre persists. I've taken to going around showing my funny arm skin and wobbly midriff to anyone who shows the slightest bit of interest. Its not enough that I tell everyone about it now - I have to SHOW them too! Dunno what's wrong with me sometimes!

I think a part of it is wanting other people to know that we didn't just wake up slimmer one day - we want them to understand just how bloody hard we worked for this. Now I'm no dietician, but I can tell you this - if I overeat it hurts. I've done it maybe 3 times since my op and I felt so ill - I avoid it like the plague. That said my capacity is high and I got a similar conversation to the one you had. I complained. Best thing I ever did - I spoke to the manager who was a dietician before she took up that post and she was amazing. Basically helped me sort my head out and focus on just doing the best I can. The dietician I saw recently was also very good - she was very happy with my diet, portions and my weightloss she said was better than average at this stage. She also said most lose upto the 2 year point with a handful continuing to lose past that even. You keep going hon, because I think you're doing all the right things.

There are some wonderful, experienced and pragmatic proffesionals out there that really boost you up, and make you feel like you can achieve anything you put your mind to. Then there are the others that just go on the averages and forget we are individuals. For what its worth, I believe that despite all the self doubt and frustration, we make our own destiny. We will get there Yve!

I do too. But equally I wonder how far I can push my body. 5 stone is a lot and I worry that it's too low.

Understand this, 5 stone must feel like a mountain to climb given how far you've come and how far you are out now. Keeping the momentum of loosing is so exhausting at times, I have moments of feeling quite jaded and im only 7 months out. All you can do is your best, its cold comfort I know.

I have to admit I don't stall. I yoyo for a bit and then start dropping again. I don't know if that's more frustrating or less.

Try and stop focussing on the end game (hard I know). One day at a time!

Back