• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

Looking fantastic yvessa, wow size10, so inspirational x

Ha, it says size 10, but am convinced it was just a little big ;)

Tried this on to wear to a wedding. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-1153584369.jpg
    image-1153584369.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 162
Not so keen on this one, I think you have looked nicer in other dresses you have modelled for us xx

Lovely summery dress and you look absolutely fab in it Yve .. Gorgeous in fact but not sure if it's right for an all day wedding. Then again I am no expert on this and am struggling myself over a wedding day party dress too ...I've never really "loved" anything I have bought in my previous body shape since it was purely functional in that it fit!

I like that dress.........have you tried a jumpsuit on? They are really fashionable at the moment and I think you'd look great in a formal one.....wish I could but my backside is still far too large!! :) xxx

Last edited:
Hi ceecie. I posted a jumpsuit pic earlier. I dunno. I will go shopping. Mum has said to buy something really nice.

I don't know about you Yve but I still find parting with cash for something really nice/pretty is made more difficult because nice/pretty is more often than not very expensive and in my head it just doesn't make economical sense to splash the cash on something I will probably shrink out off within six months. I saw a dress I really loved a few weeks ago but at fifty quid (in the sale) I balked and immediately put it back on the rack!

There are fab bargains about esp on Tesco online clothing, the maxi dress I got last week has a £35 tag on it I paid £8, I bought loads of pants for £1, jeans £4, t-shirts for £2-£3 so I wont cry too much *if* I shrink out of them.

I have to say that the local charity shops were my saviour for Spring 14 when I was heading down rapidly again, and spent a few days in Spain for which I needed a few lighter clothes which I knew would be too big when the weather was like that here. Most garments have gone back to the same shops now to be re-sold. Also, do you have any dress agencies in your areas? I've got some nice posh bits in a local one for very little really - for example a Zara coat, vintage Karen Millen frock.

I have to say that the local charity shops were my saviour for Spring 14 when I was heading down rapidly again, and spent a few days in Spain for which I needed a few lighter clothes which I knew would be too big when the weather was like that here. Most garments have gone back to the same shops now to be re-sold. Also, do you have any dress agencies in your areas? I've got some nice posh bits in a local one for very little really - for example a Zara coat, vintage Karen Millen frock.

Charity shops here are so expensive they don't price accordingly, ie ALL t-shirts are £3 so the decent ones go really fast (as I never see any) all I see is washed out primark/Asda/Tesco etc which in the sale you can get cheaper new!

Charity shops here are so expensive they don't price accordingly, ie ALL t-shirts are £3 so the decent ones go really fast (as I never see any) all I see is washed out primark/Asda/Tesco etc which in the sale you can get cheaper new!
Yes We have this problem too here. Charity shops are ridiculously pricey. With T-shirts priced £3 and up and jumpers £8 and up I can generally get the equivalent for the same price if not a little bit cheaper/dearer in asda brand new.

Back