• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

Not just you banana and like Yve I take sizes with a pinch of salt. All I know is if I feel and look good in it then I'm happy. My dream was to be size 14 and at the moment I'm in sizes that ranges from 10 to 14. I couldn't ask for more :D

Thank you :)

Exactly! What the label says? Only we know that! My old mum had a friend who always bought a size 5 in shoes when he feet were actually a 6. She was so vain and consequently had terrible foot problems and looked a bit odd hobbling around with a grimace! If she had just faced-up to buying what she actually took, she would have looked so much more confident - and comfortable!

Like Frankie (and probably you too Yve) my new wardrobe is 8-14. Whatever size feels comfortable and looks like it fits correctly is what I buy.

Can't wait to see your wedding pics Yve xxxx

Yup, mine is 10 - 16. Same with shoes in fact - 7-8. I do still have 18s in my wardrobe, but they don't fit. I am just lazy and need time to declutter.

Thanks ladies :) Wish I saw what you saw :( Had a paddy yesterday before the wedding, convinced I looked fat and ugly :(

Hugs Yve! I think most brides go through this ... It is the territory of the wedding prep. Stresssssssss!! You look amazing - and will be walking down that aisle to marry the man you love, looking in proportion and will be proud of the photos. I know we all 'got by' before our WLS and made the most of ourselves, but look what you have achieved to be here today, wearing these teeny-weeny threads (inc a minimal wedding dress that will not have so much material in it, it would double as a marquee for the reception. Lol!). Be proud and confident, and you will be a radiant bride. xxxxx

Actually less worried about how I look on that day. It's other days that bother mee

Yes that is very true Yve what we see staring back at us in the mirror isn't the true picture. I think its best to look at a photo then it doesn't change you can compare it n see the huge difference you have made and juts how far you have come. This is the time when the fighting starts the ehad is a devil showing us what we don't need or want to see I think this is how it is for people with anorexia, it most be really terrible. At least we have some meat on our bones to lose they have nothing left. You always look smart on all of your pictures and next week well you will be outstanding of that I am certain. Stay focussed and positive. We all can't be wrong take comfort in that its your head that is being naughty. xxxxx STAY STRONG BEAUTIFUL XXXX

thanks ceecie. I am just struggling with what I see in the mirror tight now. I hope that will get better but not sure.

It does hun I think this is where my melt down happened a couple of weeks back... The sudden realisation that yes I'm not and never will be miss perfect but I have an acceptance now that this is the new me warts, loose skin and all and actually in reality I'm not all that bad. Off course I still look at the worst bits and focus in on them too much but compared to what I was at size 34/36 I'm bloody marvellous :p

I agree with Lilac.
Pre-wedding stress is kicking in.
Yve, you have come from far far away and the difference can only be seen as there are no words to describe it.
xx

Are we getting too critical? Why didn't this stop us from getting big in the first place? Doesn't make sense after achieving so much hey ladies?!!

Yes, but at the same time previously I had a general disgust for myself. Now it is just more specific. Before, when I saw bits I hated, a bit like hiccup, I meant all of me. Now I'm just very specific about the bits I hate.

Back