• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

This is your diary, your place to vent. You should never apologise for how you feel no matter how irrational it may seem.

Also, it means that we can all support you my love. It means that your words may touch someone else and comfort them knowing that they are not alone.

I apologise for my posts having been so negative lately. A few sizes ago, I was over the moon with what I had achieved and believed I could cope with my loose skin. I wish I could just choose to see the positives and ignore the unsightly rolls of flesh. Unfortunately, I don't believe that I can.

Yve, don't apologise, it's amazing that you share so openly. I think we are all a bit lost when you are down and desperately want you to see the amazing lady we all see. I didn't mean to come across as targeting just you in my last post. I've read loads of other ladies comments outside the forum that suggest their skin is ruining their lives.

What I'm trying to say is, we all care deeply that you are struggling at the moment and I for one, feel that you are a massive inspiration and success. I'm glad you are seeking professional help to try and overcome or at least understand why you feel the way you do. Hopefully you can start the new year in a happier frame of mind. But if not, you know you have so many friends online to support you through it XXX

Go in' out in ma new dress ;)

Attachments

• image-2082041826.jpg
    image-2082041826.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1004194499.jpg
    image-1004194499.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 114
Looks fab with the tights very sophisticated xx

Oh Yve words fail me you look really stunning hun ...knock em dead where ever your going :D

Last edited:
Yve - you look soooo happy and gorgeous in that dress. Have a great evening ...

I just also want to say (as I have done before so many times) that I am in total awe of all the super-losers on here, and where they journey takes them. You have never ceased to inspire, advise and support me through my 10stone loss. We are all in this together - and this is why this forum is so important. Ten stone, or twenty stone ... these are enormous achievements that a non-morbidly obese person could never ever comprehend. We are not just mere dieters - we have a disease, and have had drastic surgery to cure us ... The concept of our operation is not rocket science for most folk to comprehend, but the challenges that we face inside our heads accepting and adjusting to our new selves is extremely complex, and only another person who has experienced drastic weight loss could understand. That is all of us post-opers - and the most important support you will receive is from other supers on here as they best know what you are facing. My skin issues are modest in comparison to yours hun, and I don't mean to be trite when I advise - I am merely trying to offer practical solutions to the issues of 'appearance'. You sre legend and have supported all of us without ceasing or question - anything we can do to return that is what we will do. You look amazing - and I really do hope the time with shrink in a couple of weeks helps you come to terms with the skin a bit better. Will this person have any input into a possible referral to plastics? If so, then if it was me I think I would have an Oscar-winning dramatic moment, rather than appear to be coping well ... ;-)

xxxxxxxxxx

Oh red does suit you a lot!!! The dress is just gorgeous on you!!! And the finishing touch of red lips make you look so glam!!!!! Enjoy your evening out, Gorgeous!!! ;)

Love that red dress and also love you top in the latest shot. You are looking fab lady x

You look great. And all of you need to realise how amazing you are and how far you've come. I guess just remember how you felt pre surgery and why you chose to have surgery in the first place. The health benefits must be massive. Have you looked into like a body stocking or something? Might make u feel a tiny bit better? When you've lost so much the size of a garment doesn't matter. If something a size 12 fits better but makes u miserable just cut the tag out. There's only u that will know the size then. Work what you've got, you've got a lovely waist, fitted around the bust and floaty from there would look great on you. Maybe some body confidence classes would help? X x

Yves, you really do look amazing xx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I adore that dress! You look fantastic in it, honestly!

Now smile!!!! x

Just gorgeous in that blue dress Yve x

You look great. And all of you need to realise how amazing you are and how far you've come. I guess just remember how you felt pre surgery and why you chose to have surgery in the first place. The health benefits must be massive. Have you looked into like a body stocking or something? Might make u feel a tiny bit better? When you've lost so much the size of a garment doesn't matter. If something a size 12 fits better but makes u miserable just cut the tag out. There's only u that will know the size then. Work what you've got, you've got a lovely waist, fitted around the bust and floaty from there would look great on you. Maybe some body confidence classes would help? X x
It's taken me a while to come back to this as, although really well meant, Along with a few other comments it made me feel very ungrateful. I know that was not your intention. I don't feel amazing. I feel a failure. I am about 3 stone from target - my own target - no one else's. My body is a wreck and I honestly thought when I started this journey it would not matter as I had it for my health. I was naive and stupid. When it did hit me it was far too late - my newly found self confidence had been eaten bit by bit by the horrible folds of skin. I like to think that I have style. I do make the best of myself. But for all that I have a nice waist, emphasising that inevitably enhances the bizarre midriff shelf, and the back bingos. If I dress to hide them it is too baggy elsewhere and looks awful. So I struggle with that. I struggle with the slapping sounds my skin makes if I run. I struggle with the constant itch on the front if my stomach and near my belly button. I struggle with having to adjust the loose skin into my clothes every time I go to the loo. With trying to avoid getting the stupid stuff stuck in a zip. And it's on my mind constantly. It's my first waking thought and I grope at the skin first thing in the morning wishing it away as I feel for the hipbones that jut out.

I hope against hope that some day I'll get plastics. Or that the psychologist will be able to offer some mental miracle. Because i can't find a way to live with myself like this.

Control wear is not a solution. It hurts. It causes pain to the skin and abcesses. And it causes massive wind and indigestion.

So yes, I love the health benefits and i know exactly how far I've come. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. But nothing prepared me for the impact of the skin.

Back