• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

Big hugs hun sorry for upsetting you that wasn't my intention at all.
My response was obviously naieve not fully understanding your skin issues so sorry about that.
I hope that in time your able to get where for you personally you need to be x x

Yve I'm so sorry to read you feel soooo bad.
I really would like to help but I understand that there are no words that could help.
Are you sure that you cannot have plastics? Itches, eczemas and other skin problems do call for medical procedures.

XX

Thank you Dreamer, I know that was definitely not your intention, and I know you meant well. I am just not in a good place with it at the moment. Bally, unfortunately it is all BMI driven here. I've got to hit it, no matter what.

I hear you Yvessa, I have some of the same feelings, looking at others and still being large will look as being a failure in my case. I do have loose skin and like you try to dress well and avoid showing what isn't good. Yes I try on things which to fit my waist is far too tight around bum thighs and hips but for me that was always the case have always had a waist even at my biggest however I can see I have changed body shape again because I just do not enjoy exercising any more other than dancing and walking. I agree with tight underwear anything too tight on my tummy gives me pain and trapped wind which is painful and not good. My skin would be a lot worse had I not exercised for yeares previously but also because I have not gone below 14 stone, which was a good settling weight for me. however at that weight I looked gaunt and have put weight on now as it has found its own level. Its something we have to learn to live with and love I don't know how to do it but do it we have to. I hated my weight going on but I look better for it I am not gaunt in the face and am happy most of the times still hate clothes shopping because I am different sizes in top and bottom and I do love dresses but to get them to fit both is difficult. I have not been back on the scales and have no wish to I should really but can't face it I know I will not be happy with it so avoiding it x Trying to still eat small and healthy but naughty stuff creeps in and I push it back out. Daily battle for the rest of our lives. People who think its an easy fix have no idea walk this walk and in these shoes then they can comment. Stay strong head up and move forward xx

Gosh, Yve. I wish I could say something to make this all go away. The mental fatigue alone I can understand but the physical? Not so much and I cannot imagine how you must be feeling. One day though, it will all make sense. It will be like a light switch going off in your head and you will be able to look back on this time and be grateful that you had to fight. Your mind will be so much stronger for it Yve. Some of what I say is clichéd perhaps, but I believe it to be very true.

Keep going my love, I know that you were not being ungrateful. As the adage goes, "Who feels it, knows it". You could start each entry with a complaint about your body image woes if you wanted to, it is not our place to tell you how you must feel or what you should be saying Say what ever you need to in order to get you by. If you need me, please get in touch. I think we are a lot a like. Xx

Unfortunatly Bally it is as Yve says BMI is the key here and even then that doesn't mean you've made it to the holy grail of plastics. I have been told 27 where I'm based and yes it doesn't sound like I have far to go with 22lb to lose but it has taken me nearly a year to lose the last 2 stone and it isn't going to quicken up any time soon and no guarantee that I will be able to ...there is a lot of skin and it must weigh quite a bit I reckon. I'm not even sure if I get the bits I want nip and tucked done ..is it a case of a tummy tuck and that's it wither its legs, boobs and arms that are depressing me the most ..do I get a choice? is it one op and that's it?
I am trying to keep my feet firmly on the ground on this. I'm keeping a cool head and I am trying to remain pessimistic because I don't want to become anxiety ridden over being told no or not succeeding in getting to that golden BMI of 27. I want through all that in getting the bypass with all the hoops that I had to jump through so much so it was all I could think of twenty four seven.
Yve you are anything but a failure hun. You are however a shining example of how cruel the system is and it scares the hell out of me that I may well be in the same boat come my next appointment with my local bariatric team in June. (((((Hugs)))))

It's all about BMI in Italy too and it has to be 25. But here we can get plastics at an higher BMI too if excess skin causes medical conditions. I was in hospital last Friday (my plastics as been dalayed again until next Friday) and a girl was having a tummy tuck at 96 kgs because her tummy caused eczema and itches. It's only a first step to help relieve discomfort. Sorry to hear this is not possible in the UK.

Awww Bally so sorry to hear that your op has been put back again :(. I'm not sure as I have only glanced (I was depressing myself so put it quickly down) at the nice guidelines but there is a remote chance if you have lost more than 50% body mass and are under 33 BMI but that's is only in very exceptional circumstances.

I plod on to be honest Lynsey. I've a bit of a stubborn streak in me so, while I'm down, I'm never out.

It is a struggle some days swings and roundabouts but you will get there. xxxx stay focussed and rejoice inh the good that has happened since your op who nows what may happen in the future x

31 months out

31 months out

Attachments

• pizap side Comparison 2014 11.jpg
    pizap side Comparison 2014 11.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 110
  • pizap Comparison 2014 11.jpg
    pizap Comparison 2014 11.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 114
Wow still doing so well :)

Thanks hon :) I don't see much of a difference, but I am very proud of how far i have gotten.

What an achievement. You look like a completely different person!!

You could have robbed a bank before the op and no one would know it's you now!!

Absolutely amazing xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back