• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Announcing the delivery of Alice (band)! I've done it!

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!
Well thats it, shes arrived!

I arrived at the hospital at 11am on Tuesday 28th October and was walked down to theatre at 1230pm!

I felt fine and laid on the bed and waited to go to sleep knowing that when I opened my eyes next it'd all be done!

I had trouble breathing when I woke, I could hear everyone telling me to breath but couldnt physically take a breath for quite a while, my chest was so tight. I was put on oxygen and remained on that for 3 hours as my oxygen saturation levels dropped to about 89. My mouth was so dry when I finally woke up properly, I just wanted to gulp my water down but sipped like a good girl as I was told to and it was lovely!

Much to my dissappointment, the cup of tea I had been longing for all day didn't go down very well and I didn't like it :eek:

I love tea and must usually drink about 10-15 cups a day and even now 2 days after I don't like the taste at the moment, but I like milk, which I have never liked in my life before! I even tried a little coffee earlier and didn't particularly like that either! Weird!

My wind hasn't been too bad, I havent had any trapped in my body causing me pain but I have had quite a bit in my tummy which feels weird under the band!
As a lot of you know I was worried about the liver diet not working and when I saw my surgeon yesterday he said my liver had shrunk so much that it was floppy and he was able to handle it really well! So I'm glad I was good on the pre-op!
It all seems worth it now. I'm quite sore, especially around the port site, I have been sleeping ok for the past few nights but I rolled onto my front last night which woke me up a bit sharpish!

I stayed at my mum and dads last night to be looked after but I am back home now! Cant wait to be in my own bed tonight!

Well done it sounds as if it was all not too bad an experience for you. Will watch your posts for more information and your ticker with ineterst.

Good luck M

ahh im glad your back with alice congratulations hun, you take it easy and rest up !!

liz xxx

Thanks guys!
Feeling very tired! Getting plenty of rest and yes, I'm on the losing side now! I'm staying off the scales til next week though!!

Great to have you back Gina :)

Hi Gina, glad to hear the op went well and that you are back on your feet.

I am hoping you make a diary of what is happening for you as I am really intringued by the whole gastric band thing - and you write so well that it would be something to look forward to.

I guess you are on liquids for a while - happy sipping.

LRO xx

Hey Cowgirl! Fabulous news. Wishing you a speeding recovery and looking forward to hearing the details. xx

Hi Gina, glad to hear the op went well and that you are back on your feet.

I am hoping you make a diary of what is happening for you as I am really intringued by the whole gastric band thing - and you write so well that it would be something to look forward to.

I guess you are on liquids for a while - happy sipping.

LRO xx

Thank you LRo

Yes I'm going to do a diary! Others have helped me and now I'm looking forward to helping others!xxxx

well done cow girl! thats u and i only 1 week apart. you are so lucky you didnt get the trapped wind and sore shoulder.
i have been stressing myself because despite barely eating anything(drinking) i have barely lost any weight. my co ordinator told me today its because i am not eating enough.my body doesnt want to burn any fat off because it thinks it is in stavation mode.so i must really make an effort to drink more.but quite honestly soup is starting for to turn me, so i had some custard for lunch. i really get hungary now and feel that i could eat a scabby donkey but as soon as i take something i am really stuffed.today i have been feeling a bit down ,and if i did not have band i would have ate all round me. so success. it really does work. and like the othe girls have told me i need to change my head.
i am a bulk eater not a nibbler so this band should be exactly what i need. i still am very happy i did it. i am so pleased for you that you have done it. you are very brave and just think how confident you will be with the weight off ,because you are gorgeous looking all ready. well done again.

welcome back Gina, glad it all went ok and you now have alice in place. keep us posted on your progress and welcome to the losing side xx

Well done Gina, not so bad really is it!! Welcome you and Alice to the losing side, may she bring you luck, health and happiness xx

Hi hun, thanx for the texts. Glad your feeling ok. I was like u and still am a bit breathless now but I think its due to the stitch like pain i have on my left hand side. I can`t believe how dry the oxygen makes your mouth, my throat is sore now and I`m all croaky ( although I secretly think hubby likes the husky voice - sexy!! ) Glad you`ve slept ok, I was a bit worried about this cos I usually sleep on my front but touch wood I haven`t been too bad. Not as good as usual though I usually sleep for Britain lol. Speak to u soon hun, and looking forward to sharing tips and hearing about your progress xx

Glad to hear you are well on the road to recovery. Rest up and let your body tell you what you can do.

Can't wait to see what weight loss you have...:)

Back