• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Announcing the delivery of Alice (band)! I've done it!

Hiya Gina,

That weightloss is great since op. Your so brave having mush the most ive done is ive had some mature grated cheese in my soup and its really nice so im ok having that at the mo. But cant wait till next week im having cottage pie Monday.

How are you feeling overall? Are your stitches ok?

Dee xx

Hi Dee

Its not quite mushys its more like thickening agent!!!

I'm feeling good overall, although Ive done my back, I suffer with my lower back and after compensating using my back instead of stomach muscles this week Ive pulled it and its causing me a lot of pain. Nevermind!

I'm looking forward to proper mushys next week! Im gonna have stewing steak and mash and peas pureed up!!!

Ive not tried the cheese in the soup, I might have to have a go at that!

Gina!xxx

gina check with your co ordinator before eating the stewing steak. i have been told no meat for 3 months. this soft stadge is so easy, you can nearly have anything.i have not been going high calorie and i have not been eating any icecream or chocolate. i have been a good girl.lets hope i wont be disappointed on monday.

gina check with your co ordinator before eating the stewing steak. i have been told no meat for 3 months. this soft stadge is so easy, you can nearly have anything.i have not been going high calorie and i have not been eating any icecream or chocolate. i have been a good girl.lets hope i wont be disappointed on monday.

Hi Cheryl

No I dont mean stewing steak just cooked, I will blend it with mash and garvy! Mmmmmmm

Im allowed to have minced meat next week and solids at 8 weeks which include meats if I can take them.

Isn't it strange how we all get told different things by different hospitals! Some have a 2 week pre op and others on ly have a week, weird eh?

I seem to have a load of trapped wind again today which is uncomfortable and making me feel yuk, i look about 5 months gone!!!

I have wind, yes I do! And my belly is much rounder than usual, so I can sympathise. I have found a short walk helps with the gas. Also probiotics are supposed to be helpful, my hubbs just bought some probiotic mints today so I will let you know! Good going with the EXCELLENT weight loss - you show us how it is done sister!!!
:D:p;):)

Well done Gina, great progress girl, you will soon be giving me a run for my money - Alice is working very hard it seems xx

Hi peeps!

I've still got trapped wind in my belly and chest!
That's the only thing thats making me feel horrible now.

I'm doing well with food, not finding it hard whatsoever, infact its harder to make yourself eat something! Ive been making sure I have breakfast lunch and dinner everyday and the weight is coming off well, just 2lb now to my first stone post op! Can't believe it's working so well, now I know what you all meant when you said it's the best thing you've ever done!

Feel like I want to start excersising now but I know I can't yet. My back is still very painful so I can't even go for a simple walk as I look like I've s**t myself when walking! LOL

glad its going well for you, have you tryed gripe water for the trapped wind ? its quite good.

glad its going well for you, have you tryed gripe water for the trapped wind ? its quite good.

Hi Liz

Yeah I've got Gripe water, it is good but hasn't completely solved the wind!

It's when it gets stuck in my chest that its the worst! :cry:

Never mind, it'll be ok soon!xxxx

Hiya Gina, you sound like your doing really well.

What are you eating? I really struggle for ideas for breakfast, what do you have?

Did you try cheese in soup?

I start mush stage on Monday? What you having for your first evening meal?

Dee xx

Hi Dee

Im mostly eating a quarter of a weetabix in loads of milk for breakfast but havent finished a whole bowl!!

I have soup for lunch or a yoghurt.

And for tea I have either Tomato soup with 2 little aunt bessies mash in, or mash and gravy! Sometimes with a sausage meat stuffing ball mashed in!

Who's tried the aunt bessie mash?

It's lovely, dont think anyone would know the difference as its made with milk and butter and is a delia smith top cheat! The thing is, they come frozen in bags as little mash patties and you just put them from frozen in the microwave for 2 minutes and they're done! Great to mix into soup to thicken it up a bit! and no peeling, boiling and mashing! Just cook and Go!!!!

Ark at me! I'll be bringing a book out for Christmas! Available in WH Smiths! LOL

Oh and the stuffing balls, great for a savory craving! Aunt Bessie also, done in micro for a minute! Lush!

Hiya Gina, you sound like your doing really well.

What are you eating? I really struggle for ideas for breakfast, what do you have?

Did you try cheese in soup?

I start mush stage on Monday? What you having for your first evening meal?

Dee xx

Sorry, forgot to answer your last question!

I'm gonna have sheppards pie!

Hi hun, sounds like your doing really well. I`m struggling with the food, only through boredom though. Will b ok next week when we can have mushy stuff. I`m having shepherds pie too and god am I looking forward to it lol. Sounds like your having a bit of pain with the wind, I had it in my shoulder and I thought I was having a heart attack lol, but touch wood I`ve not had it for the past few days. Still struggling with the loo. I had some stuff and I managed to go but not been again since. I`m sure it`ll sort itself out once we can eat properly. I`ll have to get some of auntie bessies gravy which dept is it in - frozen??? If its as good as her yorkshire puds I`m sorted lol. Take care hun xx

hi gina, you sound as though you are doing really well and obviously no regrets? keep up the good work xx

Thank you Julieann

Nope, no regrets at all!xx

Hi Gina hey you changed your pic!!!...your doing really well the weight loss is so good I hope I get the same. I had my pre op today and was given a massive booklet with what to eat and when it looks really good. Was told I could go and have a last meal today as well despite op being on saturday, said to avoid steak or fatty meals. I was also told to eat fish, veg, fruit a plenty until my op its all so confusing that it varies so much. I was delighted to discover I am going in the same hospital the Man United players use as they are my idols, pity they are not at home this weekend!!!....going to rub my bum all over the beds and loo seats in case any of their butts have touched them,...lol....xx

gina. i had a hungary day.
2 weetabix for breakfast
smoked haddock and scrambled eggs for lunch
tuna pasta and then trifle for dinner
bloody disaster.
do you think they forgot to put my band in?!
this is my worst day.
i seem to be able to manage no problem. i am raced with guilt now.was kind of hoping it would have caused me problems.none!
feel so fat.
the toilet issue is not sorted for me yet.
i am weighing myself on monday, i bet i will be so dissappointed.
i get a fill on nov 24th.... it cant come quick enough.
on the positive side people are noticing my weight loss and my jeans are hanging on me. i tried on some old jeans but that just made me depressed.

well i just went out to car and got my scales back in. i weighed myself and in 18 days i have only lost 7 ****ing pounds! i swear to you all that apart from today i barley have eaten anything and i have been doing 20 mins exercise. i am really annoyed by this. it makes me wonder how i will ever loose weight. i cant do anything better. even tho i ate today, it was still all low fat stuff. feeling very pissed off tonight

Back