• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Announcing the delivery of Alice (band)! I've done it!

Well done Gina, glad all is well. Will be watching to see how much you loose in your first week now.

Hugs

Glad that it all went well for you Hun!

You are soooo lucky not to experience the wind and painful shoulder! At the time I remember thinking it was like a heart attack, especially when there was a delay in my painkillers!
Just rest as much as you can and take the antibiotics and pain killers that were given to you...I can promise you that you will recover far quicker if you do. Its good that you have someone to look after you as well. I had my operation on the Friday, was home on Sunday and back in work on Tuesday (had to get up and move around because my daughter wanted Mummy and not Daddy)!!

Your'e well on the road to loosing now!!!

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xx

Glad everything went well for you,welcome to the losing side.
Heres hoping for a speedy recovery.

Di xxxx

well done cow girl! thats u and i only 1 week apart. you are so lucky you didnt get the trapped wind and sore shoulder.
i have been stressing myself because despite barely eating anything(drinking) i have barely lost any weight. my co ordinator told me today its because i am not eating enough.my body doesnt want to burn any fat off because it thinks it is in stavation mode.so i must really make an effort to drink more.but quite honestly soup is starting for to turn me, so i had some custard for lunch. i really get hungary now and feel that i could eat a scabby donkey but as soon as i take something i am really stuffed.today i have been feeling a bit down ,and if i did not have band i would have ate all round me. so success. it really does work. and like the othe girls have told me i need to change my head.
i am a bulk eater not a nibbler so this band should be exactly what i need. i still am very happy i did it. i am so pleased for you that you have done it. you are very brave and just think how confident you will be with the weight off ,because you are gorgeous looking all ready. well done again.

Hi Cheryl

I seemed to have a lot of trapped wind now, but in my stomach only, bit uncomfortable whenits stuck under the band and when it comes through its a bit of a weird feeling eh!!

I just feel very tired more than anything!

Hi everyone

Thank you for your lovely messages!

I am resting well, me mums been over and done my housewrok today bless her! I'm very tired and have a lot of wind in my belly to shift but thats coming up little by little! I suffer with my back and unfortunate;y thats gone today as Im compensating using my stomach muscles with my back! God I cant win!

I'm craving sausage rolls for some reason today. I think its the savory that Im craving. Ive just been having milk and soup really. Very boring and Im dying to have something different. Anyone got any suggestions?

Help.... am I strange everyone is going on about things happening under the band and feeling the band.

I havent got a clue where mine is and cant feel it?

Have I just got the scars?

Am I weird?

Dee xx

Lol Hi Dee

Well Im just presuming that its the band I can feel. The wind in my belly is trapped and when it comes up it feels like a squeezing sensation, I take it thats where its coming through the band up to the top pouch of my stomach!

Youre lucky not being able to feel it, its not very nice~!!

Glad everything went well for you,welcome to the losing side.
Heres hoping for a speedy recovery.

Di xxxx

Di your weight loss so far is absolutely fantastic! Well done girl! You must be so happy with yourself!xxxx

Gina, sorry i have been so quiet lately.

Well done and congratulations on the arrival of Alice. I hope you're feeling well, and recovering well also.

Feels great doesn't it, knowing it's done now and in the not so distant future, we'll be thin and healthy, full of energy, confidence etc.

I'm following your progress even though i might not respond enough, and really hope things go well for you.

xx

hi gina
i love having icelollys after op but may be bit cold for that now lol.
i would also have sachets of cappuccinos umm lovely.
takecare hun
emmaxx

Hey Gina & Alice! So glad to hear you are doing so well. I have the trapped wind and it is uncomfortable but windeze does seem to help. I too would love something savory, I forbid the hubbs to make curry last night for himself lest I jump him and take it:eek:. Can't wait until puree stage!!!

Keep up the good work.;)

Hi Cowgirl

Glad things are going well for you! Had my op the day before you (I think), also a band. Had bad wind and plenty of pain around the big scar but managed it all so far with tablets thankfully. Am gagging for something savory like crisps lol, the liquid diet is driving me mad! Ah well, it will be worth it in the end :)

All the best for your next weigh in!

Good luck, hope all continues to go well for you :)

Love Kaz xxx

(PS. Sorry, I know this is a really daft question but could someone tell me please how to update my ticker?! Just can't work it out. Sorry and thanks :) )

Hi Cowgirl, congrats on band, it gets easier and easier and soon more food choices. Craving sausage rolls, ermmm, can't think of much liquid savoury suggestions other than soup (boaring). I found sucking some ice cream to liquid was bliss, or mini milk lollies. Makes a change from soup and milk.
When do you start on the mushy stuff?
Well done on your success so far
Amanda x

hi kaz,cheryl here,click on your ticker,it will take you the page then click on edit ticker, and fill in password then details.
i started eating today, my soft stadge started! i had a scrambled egg,and for lunch i have just had mash potatoes,mash carrot and parsnips,and cod in parsley sauce. it was delicious.went down no problem.too easy.yes i feel full but not stuffed.oh dear! trouble is i now feel guilty for eating.i want a quick weight loss like evryone on here,my weight loss since band has been slow.so i am dreading this week when i am eating! oh goodness, i go from one obsession to another with this band. the pain gets easier eveyday. by wednesday of this week you will probably feel much better.i even started lying on my side now. but the hunger is definately bad. i know how you feel about the liquid phase, its a killer. and soup was making me feel sick. have some ambrosia custard,when ur really hungary, it filled me up.tonight i will just have a yougart.its funny but because i feel better its hard to not want to eat.i wish my band would let me know its there! the wind does get easier. the wind in tummy rumbles something shocking. it will come out, but refills.i was told, by hospital, if you dont put something in pouch every 3 hours then the wind builds up.x

very true cheryl
i left it too long between meals and i was in complete agony with the wind.. the hospital said you need to line the pouch.
emma

Hi peeps!

Well, I must say I have been a little naughty!
I have had a tiny bit of msh mixed in with my soup and feeling much better on it, I even had a stuffing ball mixed in gravy the other day and its totally taken my cravings for savoury away. Ive managed it very well, no stomach pains or dumping! Handling it very well. The odd baby food has come in handy too!

10lb since op now! So happy I could dance if I wasnt still sore!!!!

Love you all!xxxxx

Back