• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BandedHuns Mad Fat Diary

Hi guys, finally in the M25 with my mad 110mph driver ! Free face lift with every band! ... Pmsl

-anyway I tried to write an update last night for you all wrote it all out then my app just stopped so I've had to wait until I'm in a 4G area ( good old m25) to get a message to you all.

I'm banded !!!! Whoooo!!!

Well that walk to the theatre and then getting strapped in is the worse 10 mins of my laugh, I made all the theatre staff laugh when I said I'm sure I see this on extreme sexual fantasies programme! Lol

To be honest I'll write a more detailed account so anyone waiting for there bands or going to Dolan Park too for any surgery. But in doing fine. I think if wind pain is a sharp pain in the ribs then I've got it mildly I'd say but I'm been very lucky. I haven't suffered too much pain. I felt sick when I woke up wanted to throw the band up badly but since... Nothing. Gentle surgeon kept his promise.

But I'm in the mend. Once I'm home and seen my OH and daughter I'll put a nice big blog on.

Thanks all of you for your messages what a treat to read

PS my surgery didn't take place till 4pm. So it was a loooonnng day xxxx

Relieved to here from you!. Glad everything went well and your on your way home.
Looking forward to reading about the whole procedure.

Bless you and well done, I've read this whole thread and it's quite funny, I have no doubt your sense of humour will see you through.

Your summation of Dolan Park was funny too and that woman! Well, I guess it takes all sorts...:eek:

I was right there with you until your typo/auto-correct of you weeing in to a pit. I thought 'Christ! Sounds like the place needs updating but, to make you wee in a pit is just not on!' Lol - yes I know it was pot. Just made me laugh :D

Hope you feeling ok babe xxxx

Glad to hear it's all gone well, I too have been checking every couple of hours wondering where the hell you were!! Lol.

Get some rest and happy healing. Can't wait to hear how it all went too. X

Yoyoyo... Fresh from TOWIE land and my free facelift thought if pop on and give my detailed account of the surgery etc...

So I got given a initial room after waiting for just short of 3 hours in a reception because an overlap of the booby patients and them vomiting not quite being ready for discharge but I was give a temporary room any way to get showered and wee in the POT not pit. The nurse cane and saw me and seemed to rush me to get showered and ready and told me I was next. Well... I waited in my temporary room watching E4 and ITV2 not really settling because it wasn't my room. Was in there for 2 hours and just after 12 got moved up to my REAL room, ( still thinking I was next) I finally dozed off in the room for 2 hours when the anaesthetist arrived . He was a barrel of laughs. High pitched laugh, had the left hand wrist limp with the hip swaying , Asian lad, just divine. Lovely. He made me feel at ease. Signed all my consent for the " being put to sleep stage" and then he informed me I was about 2 hours away... Another 2 hrs .... So from that point of view communication between nurses and surgeon isn't great. But that's just my experience.

Finally the knock at the door. My band my ready for me. PJs off . Open back gown with see thru paper pants all on view off I went to the theatre walk mile.... One step after the other I was feeling like what am I doing. They sit you in a stand by room with double doors into the theatre. You sit with a nurse she explains they are " putting you to sleep" to which the anaesthetist said " she's not a dog" they put the cannula into your hand and then walk you thru the doors...

A group of people in light blue all sat around getting everything together and the black S&M table... Straps for your arms and legs. That's the scary part. The Anaesthetist talks you thru every moment. Telling you what he's doing, I was relaxed, my normal bubbly self and then gone......

I woke up it was light and my tummy hurt. I heard the nurse say hi, then I pulled my mask off ( i didn't like it and I said ... I'm gonna be sick... I TRUELY felt like I wanted to throw the band up, it felt tight. The nurses very quickly stabbed me in the leg with anti sickness and I was gone again.

I think I dozed on and off for 2 hours. Trying to reach my phone to say hi to ya'll but I couldn't reach it so I gave in and pressed the buzzer and made the texts to my OH and then my app stopped working in this site. Damn. No one to talk to about pain etc.

To be honest I feel really lucky, first sip of water stayed down, didn't feel anything but sore throat. No sickness. No wind, just sore abs really on the scars.

As the night went on I got a full pain in my shoulder but as I needed to wee getting up and walking around helped. All in all my pain has been manageable. I haven't needed pain killers since the anti sickness.

At home today, it's been difficult walking around. Rib pain has set in. The only thing I can accurately describe is the pain when you stand up, it feels like something is pulling your stomach down wards and you can't pull your stomach in. It's like jelly wobble wobble ... I have five scars I'll attach a picture now for all to see ( excuse my vile tummy ....)

image-119246441.jpg

Scars from the band.

I've had a small band fitted with no fill.
They let you leave with a box that has all the details of your band size , emergency needle to use if something needs releasing in hospital. Cards to take aboard with you. The instruction booklet too. So feel like I've got something to show for my £5k purchase! Lol. Happy Mother's Day!

Doing it alone had given me great strength in myself. I just hope this journey lasts and my confidence grows with the band as my weight stabilises.

I've eaten a muller yoghurt small & water
A banana custard desert & water
400G of tomato soup by baxters & water.

That's my food intake today.

I'm hunniepuss on MFP if anyone wants to add me it's fine with me.

Trying to think of anything else I can write to help anyone getting a band- is it as bad as I thought... Not in the slightest and I'm not a brave person, I'm weak wuss in pain but I'm coping well. I feel weak but I'm under calories and I'm recovering. Hopefully get better every day. Can you feel the band? I'm not sure... I'm very short of breath, very short, I can't talk for long and I can't raise my voice my lungs fill like I have a chest infection is the only thing I can describe it as. Apparently that's coz everything gets pushed up. Anyone considering it , it really is a manageable op.
( might not be saying that when I'm climbing the walls wanting restriction or too much restriction)

My plan is to take it easy with the fills, never too much, just little by little. I don't want to be one of these people thinking more restriction is best and I can't keep food done. Sensible is the way forward...

People I'm off to sleep. Feel free to ask any questions and big big hugs. From bandedhun xxx ?

Welcome back Hun. It's not so bad really. You did really good. Remember to take it easy the next few days especially. Looking forward to hearing all your banded achievements. Happy mums day

Yes I agree ems. It's lovely to hear from you. Happy Mother's Day to you too...

I got a basket of flowers and two cards from my daughter and a bunch if fliers and card from my step daughter. My OH has done all the ironing house work animals etc,,,, I've not lifted a finger, I should marry him really but I just spend our savings! Lol xxx

Glad it all went well, your experience sounded not dissimilar to mine. You've done the right thing, and it's the start of a very exciting journey full of lessons to be learned - and I'm only 6 months in! I still have a long way to go but I don't regret my decision at all.

I wish you a very speedy recovery, and all the best with your weightloss.

Day 2 POST OP

Well today I slept all night and my stomach feels like there's a plate if jelly weighing it downwards when I stand up. It feels like pulling. It's bare able. I'm not sure where my port side is whether it's the central scar or the left. Left I say because it went to sleep on my side and that side hurts. So think that might be the sight if it. ( I can't bare feeling the plasters yet as it makes me go queesy) ugrrggggh.

Anyway, today's symptoms are weakness, slight abdominal ache, slight wind (taking loads if windeze and paracetamol) whilst having to take the injections in the leg too. I woke at 8am and was back in bed by 10 for an hour. Then got up at 11 and was back in bed sound asleep by 1pm. Just got up at three and writing now my diary entry, had to feel like I was doing something constructive.

I'm struggling to eat much calories. Got more fluids in today, water and sugar free squash, dinner is a can of soup and breakfast and lunch is yoghurt , small greek style ww yoghurt or miller light type no more than 50 kcal a yoghurt. So at present the last two days I haven't reached 500 kcal so no wonder I'm weak.

Recovery is going well though, I can walk about slowly, eat the soft stuff and drink, no sickness, no real pain. Although I will say that there feels like a need to cough, but some phlegm at the back of my throat. It's not servere but that's all I try to stop the cough as that hurts alot. It's not happening often but today I felt a need to cough once and that was so sore and the phlegm came up.

Anyway onwards and upwards. I'm 8lbs off last week weight. Can't wait to be a couple of weeks down the line and fitter and healthier rather than weak and sleepy.

The socks are lovely BTW... Gotta wear those bad boys for five days! Whooooo

Glad to hear it's all going well and you're not suffering too much post-op. Onwards & upwards from here on in chick...

Injections in the leg is my main worry from what you've wrote above, not so sure I could administer that myself! Can your OH do it for you? Love yoghurts & soups too, so from what you've wrote I'm feeling really positive for my band.

How long have you taken off work? I hope you've got lots of films & programmes recorded to watch, there's only so much daytime tv one can cope with I think. :D

Take care x

Hi mrs Duck,

The leg injections don't hurt at all the needle is so fine, but I do cheat and get my OH to administer them. It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be it's just the fatigue and pulling on the stomach that's annoying, like getting up the sharp pain of trying to get out of bed to quickly.

I'm having laxido sachets twice a day and windeze 4 tablets chewing a day so I'm wondering if being on the ball with it all is helping, I haven't got the energy to do much, just made my daughter and OH fajitas and I'm shattered now, so having a moose and a cuppa tea and that's me for the day I think.... Only managed 448kcals.... I'm so worried about weight gain because of not consuming enough so early on, I really want this £5k investment to work and the only way to do it is to work it properly. I'm so aware I've not eaten enough.

As for work I do shifts so I should be back next Tuesday. So 9 days post op. I have a long commute too and from so I imagine it's going to cause me grief but then I'm off again till the weekend. Then nights. We shall see. I'll let you know if you need more time or not.

All in all it's ok. Fingers xd the right direction and so far no regrets. I'd be interested to see what restriction feels like .... As I feel like I could eat normally but i bet I can't at all ...

You seem to be recovering brilliantly! I wouldn't worry about the calories at this stage just focus on your recovery x

I imagine its all psychological in terms of you thinking you can eat, we are so used to filling our faces, it's only natural for your brain to tell you it can still do it. Whats that saying - "my stomach feels like my throats been cut" well now its "my brain feels like my stomachs been cut" and it has!

Good for you for being on the ball, you're giving me some fantastic tips. Prevention is easier than the cure, I think you're doing fabulously.

What kind of diet have you been told to follow? Everyones band diets seem to vary depending on the provider.. xx

I imagine its all psychological in terms of you thinking you can eat, we are so used to filling our faces, it's only natural for your brain to tell you it can still do it. Whats that saying - "my stomach feels like my throats been cut" well now its "my brain feels like my stomachs been cut" and it has!

Good for you for being on the ball, you're giving me some fantastic tips. Prevention is easier than the cure, I think you're doing fabulously.

What kind of diet have you been told to follow? Everyones band diets seem to vary depending on the provider.. xx

Well the terms of provider for THG is 2 weeks liquids so yoghurt soup milk shakes, although I have steered clear of milk shakes because they have so much calories and sugar hidden in them. I just don think they are good for me. So I've stuck to soup and yoghurt sand treated myself to a moose tonight :sign0151:

After two weeks liquid I go onto soft foods like porridge, weetabix or shreddies with milk mushed up, or mash anything soft and squiggly. Then at week 4 I start the crunchy stuff, but have my first fill at 5 weeks.

THG had a dietician call me two days before the op and then the day after I got home so today the nurse called but it was very brief conversation of, how are you! Ok just rest breathlessness is understandable and u need to rest. I don't think anything is going too wrong so just going to stick strictly to the plan and keep resting until I'm back at work and see how it all settles. I'm so scared of dislodging it ESP as there is no X-ray now to check its all in place correctly....

:party0023::party0023:

Glad all going well hunni :) sounds just like my post op adventures too uneventful apart from sneezing LOL dont stress the calories now until your back onto solids, right now its about getting them fluids in and healing. I think i was 4 weeks post op before my tummy felt like it was mine again, untill then it was swollen and felt like id done 10000 sit ups lol i can now comfortably sleep on my left side up until now it was uncomfortable, am guessing thats my port side!! i to was a bit icky about my wounds so just well alone until the plasters had to come off (unless they were yucky) then it was just glue and tbh it looked an awful lot worse than it was......
LOL @ marrying oh bless it will have to wait, at least you didn't fritter it away x x x

Back