• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ruth's Story!

Cannot believe I am putting another update on so quickly!! Received appointment letter to see the Consultant on 4th May - that's not far away is it!! Feel like I am on a very fast rollercoaster - havent caught my breath yet!!

UPDATE!!!! Been to see the Consultant tonight and so thrilled to get Professor Ammori who is the chap I wanted - he was so lovely! Anyway, drum roll ............. got my date tonight - my D Day is 20th May - 2 weeks and 2 days to go until the start of my new life!!! Day 1 of liver shrinking diet tomorrow - time to plan some meals xx

Congratulations!!!!! That is amazing how fast and great that has happened! Good luck :)

Mr Ammori was my surgeon so you are in very safe hands. Good luck in your journey, I look forward to reading all about it x

DAY 1 of liver shrinking diet went ok:
Breakfast - 1 weetabix with milk
Lunch - 2oz turkey breast with green salad and 1 piece of bread, low fat yoghurt and apple
Dinner - Plain omlette but with bit of red onion and 2oz pasta - sounds awful but was actually very tasty!!
Also had lots of diet coke today - can have unlimited and making the most of it before op - certainly filled me up!
Feeling very positive and excited!

Day 2 - yesterday
Weetabix again with banana for breakfast.
Green salad with chicken for lunch
Egg salad for dinner
Lots of diet coke
Feel ok but lots of headaches due to tea withdrawal I think!!

just one question private or nhs just seems very quick?

NHS and yes it is very quick - I am amazed how different areas of the country can be so different! No complaints though - very excited xx

Well, day 3 yesterday:

Breakfast - weetabix
Lunch - 2 eggs on toast
Dinner - 2tbs rice mixed with 2oz chicken and chopped broccoli - very bland but filled me up!

Not sure if I am able to use spices - the diet is very strict and scared to have anything not mentioned on the list in case it affects the liver! Only 12 days to go so sure I can manage that with no salt/spices!!

Excellent news on the date x

Day 4!
Breakfast - weetabix and banana!!
Lunch - Brocolli Omlette - tasted better than it sounds!
Dinner - Stuffed red pepper (rice, pepper and cheese) - thrown together recipe but very tasty!! Plus and apple and low-fat yoghurt!
Plus lots and lots of diet coke!!

Headaches not as bad today but still missing my cups of tea - 2 a day is hard work!

Had a bit of a wobble this morning - "will I wake up from op" moment - but it soon passed with a talking to from Hubby and best friend!

Decided to tell the kids tonight - didnt feel right that close family and friends know about the operation and they didnt - they took it really well, although my 9 year did get excited when she thought I would come out of hospital on the 20th 10 stone lighter - bless!!

Although I live in Cambridgeshire I had my operation performed at the spire my mr ammorri ... He is such a lovely guy and nothing is a problem I have emailed him several times since my op to ask questions his team of nurses and nutritionist are excellent .... Did u meet George lol if u did u would remember him x

Not met George as yet - what does he do? Maybe when I go for the surgery in 12 days!!!!

congratulations x i love seeing happy posts it proves that the system is working for all of us xx best wishes for your journey xxx

Day 5
Woke up feeling really really positive - the sun does help!!
Sneaked on the scales and its looking good but going to do a final weigh in the day before surgery! cant believe how much I am losing pre-op!

Had my weetabix and banana for breakfast - and now off to work! have a lovely day everyone - stay positive!!

You're doing really well hun!
I've restarted my pre-op diet today, your menu's sound lovely - mine is 5 weeks (yes I'm doing 5 although my surgeon told me I had to do 4) of the slimfast diet only! But will be having lots of diet coke and pepsi to help me out.

Back