• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'Selling' my story

salski

Hiya all
I created a group on facebook and a media researcher contacted me earlier in the week regarding selling my story 'bypassed to pregnant'

She had most of my story and asked me a few questions about my wedding and my wedding dress (going from a size 24/26-12/14) and also a few questions about being pregnant and asked me to agree to what she had wrote so far. She then sent this to a media company who rang just now to say they too are interested in the story, to send them some more pictures more focusing on my wedding and they story about my wedding dress and that nex week they will forward my story to a few magazines.

If any of these magazines are interested they will contact me to discuss a fee and send my story to me for clearance and in theory I will feature in the magazine.

What do you guys think of this? I am more than happy to do it, especially if women get some inspiration about me getting pregnant etc but I wondered what everyone else thought?
Be honest...if you agree or disagree -
Sally xxx

It's up to you sweetie...:)

I would do it but not to make money, I would like to hear a really fab positive spin on WLS and your story is that story.

Maybe if you get paid donate some to charity.

Go for it!

And being selfish:D cow I suggest you treat yourself with the money!:D

From a male perpective I think you should go for it,it may inspire other people.And as for the money well you could always either spend it on yourself or put it in a trust fund for the baby

id say go for it, youll be a great ambassador for WLS, and buy something nice for the baby/yourself. youve earned it, and worked really hard to get where you are now. congratulations and good luck. hugs xx

Without question... go for it !

definitely go for it like previously said if nothing else you can buy extra for the bubba, and as long as you get to check and approve the story before its published i cant see there being any problems you've done really well so why not shout about it?!?

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!

I think you should go for it :D Ive always loved reading inspirational stories in mags and yours is deffinately one :D
It will make people more aware of what good can come from WLS and how it can create happiness for people. Good luck x

Sal, I've just done this. I went with a freelance company recommended on here (features first) who wrote a synopsis and then put it out to approx 35 mags to auction. The highest bidder got the story, and I'll be in Take A Break on the 14th October. You get paid more that way than contacting the mags direct.

I wasnt keen on having my life splashed publicly, but right now we need the money. I don't get paid till 4 weeks after publication, but it will make christmas a lot easier!

Go for it Sal.ive had a few ppl interested in mine even with my complications, i may do it once ive had my last op and settled down, good luck xx

Thank you boys and girls, and Shell great news that your doing it - I shall go buy and read with interest :)
As for the money, Ive no idea even remotely how much, but it will help with baby stuff ;)
Thanks all - glad to hear you guys are behind me :)

Awww your babs is the size of a mango :D How cute is that! x

Lol I know?!! Last week it was a sweet potato so to me a mango seems smaller?! Haha

You go for it Sal and if you don't need the money then feel free to donate to charity. However knowing how much babies cost i think you'd be better off buying something for the little person growing inside of you :)

Your story could be the decider in someone who was once in your boat pre op in going for an operation that will change their lives xxx

Hi,

It really is a matter for you and your family to decide if you sell your story. I found great inspiration from reading "success" stories about those you had the op, before I had one. The only concern I would have is some of those magazines can be a bit trashy and like the shock factor. If you are promised that you can proof read the article before it is published then go for it.

deffo go for it hun! and treat yourself with the money all that hard work youve put in and pain youve been through you deserve it hun xxxx

i say do it, and keep all the money and go blow it on some fab new clothes for your new figure ;) xxx

Back