• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ruth's Story!

Thanks Karen! cannot believe how focussed I am - want to make sure that liver is significantly reduced when he goes in there in 11 days!! Eek!!

Lunch - chicken salad sandwich and big juicy pear
Dinner - Yellow Pepper stuffed with baked beans and Rice and little hint of cheese melted on top - yum! Low fat yoghurt!

Feel stuffed!

Day 6
Breakfast - usual - weetabix and a banana
Lunch - 2 crisp breads with "chucky egg" and a large pear
Dinner - Prawn, baby corn, Broccolli and Rice stir fry - funny combination but actually yummy!

Still feeling positive with 10 days to go or 10 more sleeps as my daughter would say xx

831phil said:
Day 6
Breakfast - usual - weetabix and a banana
Lunch - 2 crisp breads with "chucky egg" and a large pear
Dinner - Prawn, baby corn, Broccolli and Rice stir fry - funny combination but actually yummy!

Still feeling positive with 10 days to go or 10 more sleeps as my daughter would say xx

Tee hee - my husband calls me 'Chucky Egg'!!!!

Day 8

Still doing really well - have stuck to the diet 100% and have seen a difference - wedding ring getting lose!! Plus I am sure one of my chins has disappeared!! lol!!

Wont bore you with any more of my menus as basically the same although have tried to change the protein each day!

Am still feeling really positive about the operation next Friday but have had a few thoughts about "will I wake up" etc.. I know I am being daft but there is always that tiny percentage that you think about! But, in the main - feeling great and very positive!!

Day 14

Not posted on this bit for a while but all is good! Still havent eaten anything not on the dreaded list - been sooooooooo good! Last day at work tomorrow for 2-3 weeks depending on how I feel! Got Thursday to sort myself out and then D Day is Friday!!

Last Sleep tonight!! Had a call today from Mr Ammori's secretary - panicked at first, thought she was going to say it was cancelled tomorrow, but he just wanted to say he wasnt doing me until the afternoon and therefore not to bother coming in at 7am, but come at 1pm - much better option!! Its very real now - off for my pamper - I know he wont mind if my legs are shaved or not - but I will!!!! See you on the loser's bench guys xx aagghhh!!!

Ruth - I know where you're coming from! I had my pre-op tests/assessment last Friday (should have known better as it's my second time) and totally forgot they do an ECG test and attach the leads to your legs and I hadn't shaved mine for 3 days - I apologised to the nurse! lol

Good luck tomorrow - its good that you know your ops in the afternoon and you can wait at home rather than at the hospital.

Take care, look forward to an update soon when you're done!

Thanks Karen and well done on your 10lb loss in your first week - you go girl!! We can sit together on the loser's bench after your op xx

9am and 3 hours until I leave for the Hospital - even ironed my PJs!! Just got to do my before pics and then I am ready!! Thank you for all your good luck wishes - hasnt sunk in really that the day has come!! Will update you when I am back xx

Best wishes Ruth, I'm sure all will be fine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi Guys, I am back and its all done!
I have to say, I feel very very lucky and think I have had an easy time compared to others. The staff at the Spire were absolutely fantastic - a wonderful team and a wonderful consultant. Nothing was too much for them. I didnt go down for my operation until 6.45 on the Friday night and arrived back in my room at 9.30 with a very anxious hubby waiting for me. I then slept until about 12.00! I was up every couple of hours for the loo due to the drip I was on, but was amazed that I couldnt get my balance enough to pop into the en-suite! I had a commode - which was fine - and the nurse was lovely and let me have my dignity. I struggled with oxygen and had to have that until I left the hospital. I was amazed just how good I felt on Saturday - the pain was more of a wind pain across my abdomen but nothing in my shoulders etc.. that other people have complained of. My first meal was at lunch time and it was chicken consomme - posh word for chicken water - but it tasted ok! followed by a yoghurt but I didnt fancy that. I had the same soup for tea followed by ice cream which was lovely! I was then allowed home at 7.00pm on Saturday evening. The drive home was fine and it was great to be back home. I went to bed and slept on and off all night - great night except for toilet breaks and again, not much pain at all! Sunday - a chilled day, sat downstairs most of morning and early afternoon with visitors and then went back to bed for a rest and slept for 4 hours! Fab! Then another lovely soup made by my sister (who is a cook!!). Not taking full painkillers - just one disolveable tablet instead of 2, every 4-6 hours - but its paracetamol and codeine and it doesnt half knock you out. Stayed up until midnight with hubby and had a great night again last night - just up once for the loo! Today I have been on my own - kids back at school and hubby at work but its been fine - just caught up on TV and played with the kittens. Had thin yoghurt for breakfast and chicken and lentil pureed soup for dinner and tea - I feel great! I am so pleased I am on the other side now - and cant believe its done! To all of you who are waiting - I hope you have the experience I have had - it really isnt as bad as you imagine. I will keep you posted xxxx

Glad it went well Ruth, I was the same and seemed to have an 'easy' ride of it! Just keep reminding yourself that you have had major surgery and still have to take things easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Glad everything went well for you Ruth, dont forget to rest up and take things easy for awhile xx

This time last week I was getting nervous and preparing to go in for my op! Cant believe a week has flown by! I can honestly say I dont feel like I had major surgery just 6 days ago - I feel great! Am slightly bored being at home instead of work, and frustrated I cant do anything, even though I feel I can - just want to get in my car and drive off to the shops!! Only niggling thing is I am a bit itchy around my plasters - cant wait until they come off - Phil changed them last night and think I will leave them on for another few days yet then get them off altogether x Have been having some lovely home made soups by my gorgeous sister who is a cook - full of protein and veg and lots of seasoning and bit of a kick! Havent weighed myself yet but feel like I have lost weight xx fingers crossed xx

Quick update - had my weigh in after 2 weeks post-op and lost 1.5 stone so really pleased, plus the stone I lost on the pre-op diet so two and a half stone gone!! Yay me! Can only see difference in my face and neck but hubby says he can tell all over!! Cheeky!

Well Done Ruth on your loss so far xx

:)So good to hear all is going well:)

Hope to meet you at the Spire support meetingsx

Back