• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

'Selling' my story

Lol I know?!! Last week it was a sweet potato so to me a mango seems smaller?! Haha

:wave_cry:Sal-them mangoes have got huge stones in 'em lol:D

I remember "Bonita" from here had her(horrific) wls story in a magazine-she did say they didn't print the story quite as she had been told they would-so perhaps be ready for some "glorification" despite their "promises - hey maybe they will keep to their word:rolleyes:

You deserve to make a few bob - you have gone out of your way to personaly support quite a few of us on our wls journeysxxx

I think you'd be a great role model for many and have loads of experience to share... I can see the value in your story and so will many other people... I'd go positively forward with this Sal.

Love and hugs xxx

Yes yes yes, I'd do it in a heartbeat and you have earned every penny they'd pay £ for lbs...

Absolutely go for it as long as it's safe i.e no crooks

I'd also say go for it Sal. But, be prepared that the published story may not be exactly as you think it will be presented pre-publication. They often change copy at the last moment. Do make sure you get the best deal to. I'm sure the extra pennies will come in handy soon...:D xx

You have earned every penny, give it a go. Make sure they are aware of all the highs, lows & pitfalls of WLS so that it can be informative to others - Paul x

go for it hunni, why the heck shouldnt you, enjoy the money too!!
(can i have your autograph?):D:D:D

Hahaha... that's a brill idea Mona.. and good luck Sall... xxx

Gosh, it is weird that you should start this thread because I already read an article about you (with a picture) last week on the internet about that very topic! I think so long as you are comfortable with the details, then go for it. That are plenty of people out there in a similar situation, that you would inspire & give hope to xxx

without the help and support from you guys on here I would have been lost. I agree we should spread the word and help each other in what ever way we can. Be it good or bad we need to offer the hand of friendship to other people in need. It is a disgrace the way some people have been treated by the NHS and the huge differences from one area to another. I am still outraged at my PCT and their lack of sympathy towards me and my problems. The government need to stop the post code lottery when it comes to health care.

Lets get out there and offer hope and share our experiences. I will be looking forward to reading about you kind people in the future.

Shel ... a special thank you to you, you are always there for everyone. Bless you. Better days ahead I hope.

Thanks GN.

With TAB and the freelancers I saw both the story before it went to the mag, and the story once they'd played with it, and so had the chance to change or object to anything a few times. They have elaborated on a few points, invented dialogue for a few situations etc, but based on what I said, so I'm happy with that.

Go for it hun, just check they have all the facts right before publishing it, you know reporters and reputation for artistic licence lol.

I did it, and got offered to go on GMTV the day after my story came out - I bottled going on the tv though.

The story was picked up by my local paper and I was in a 2 page spread in the Sunday People, then Woman magazine did a big article on me. I got paid in total about 2 grand.

Back