• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Telephone 1 to 1

Gladys Friday

I went to the docs for a referral on Friday 13th March which he agreed to do. Had a phone call about two weeks ago to say they are sending the referral off. In the meantime, I have contacted another private agency and have a telephone 1-to-1 this morning at 1000. I am really nervous in case I say the wrong thing.

The last doc I went to see wrote a letter to my GP to say that I should be referred to NHS as they had a duty of care even though it is me who got me to this weight! The surgeon said I would need to be prepared by the bariatric team for the surgery so, because of this, my husband, who is completely supportive of the op, now says he wants me to have some counselling for the surgery. It just seems to be getting further and further away from me.

Debbie

If a consultant you saw privately feels the NHS route is better you should be mindful of that advice, they all do both private and NHS so he must have had a reason for saying this. Bog standard "counselling" may not cut it, you need to talk to people who understand the complex nature of bariatric surgery. Don't worry about saying the wrong thing, just be honest and you should get the right outcome! So much of obesity issues are emotionally based, I know mine are and its your head that will undermine surgery/ sabotage so really important to get it right. Good luck!

Back