• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days post gastric sleeve at SRH

Denise Morris

I am now 10 days post gastric sleeve which I had at the hospital where I am a nurse.
Although I had seen quite a few people for surgery in pre- assessment clinic over the years its still took several years of debating to decide whether it was right step for me.
Finally giving up on diets/pills and fed up with aches/pains daily I asked my GP to refer me for surgery late in 2007 and went to seminar in March 2008.
Pleased to say its now done and on the mend so to speak and looking forward to a newer healthy, fitter me.:)

Hi Denise and :welcome: to WLS, Hope your recovery continues to go well....we have some very succesful sleevers on here :D XX

Well done and happy healing... just wanting to send a warm welcome and to wish you well.... keep in touch and let us know how you are getting along... love and hugs xxx

wishing you a speedy recovery, i to a having a sleeve with mr small in april time i think, can i ask a few questions?..

how long were you in for?... what was the pain like after?... x

Howdy Denise! Wow must be weird seeing all those paitients and now having gone through it yourself :eek: How are you finding life post sleeve? Are you back to work?

x

Hi Kelly
Went in Thursday, op Friday out Sunday but only because I persuaded Mr Schroeder I felt well enough and managed to eat some porridge (firm believer in healing better at home)., besides I spend enough time working in hospital without adding extra lol.
Not much "real" pain post op for me it was more like moderate discomfort from gases etc plus nausea which had began to ease by Sunday morning.
Been a bit up/down this week mainly feeling tired (not uncommon) but keeping mobile and resting when necessary.
If your surgery is April should get a pre-assesment about 2-3 weeks before ideally (staff levels permitting) so might see you in clinic.
good luck

Last edited:
Hi Deets
weird is not the word, trying to get used to eating in very small amounts (I soon know if I have had too much).
I discussed post op sick leave with Mr Small and he said 4-6 weeks not unreasonable mainly due to puree/soft diet but then there is also the physical demands of job - lifting (some of those volumes of notes are damm heavy) bending and stretching so off at least 4 weeks then see how I am.

hi and welcome to the site - do we have to stop slagging off sunderlands admin and slowness now your on here - only joking.
pleased your doing so well at this stage, but hope your resting enough xxxx

Hello and welcome from a fellow sleever :)

hi sweets because i travel around 300 miles, im coming in the night before to get it all done, im assured by mr smalls secretary she s noted it down... ooo you might be working when i go in?....so a few weeks before will i get milk diet through post?... i suppose id hae to stay the 3 nights as i live so far away.....x

hi sweets because i travel around 300 miles, im coming in the night before to get it all done, im assured by mr smalls secretary she s noted it down... ooo you might be working when i go in?....so a few weeks before will i get milk diet through post?... i suppose id hae to stay the 3 nights as i live so far away.....x

hey Kelly when you get a date let me know and i shall come and visit you x

will do liz! x

Hope you are doing well Denise... sending love and hugs to you xxx

hi hope you are healing well im due for my gastric bypass on saturday and soooooooooo nervous im just really soft im i been silly ? my surgeon is mr balapuri he is really nice he saved my brothers life a few year ago so i know im in safe hands xxx

hi hope you are healing well im due for my gastric bypass on saturday and soooooooooo nervous im just really soft im i been silly ? my surgeon is mr balapuri he is really nice he saved my brothers life a few year ago so i know im in safe hands xxx

you are definatly in safe hands with Mr B. Your not silly its normal to feel nervous, good luck i hope all goes well x

Back