• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my bypass this morning!

s-a-r-a-h

Hi all. Had my bypass this morning at derby. Got back from theatre at 3pm and was sitting out in my chair at 5pm so I'm dead chuffed. Have tried to get back into bed but I'm getting bad shoulder tip pain when I do do I'm trying to walk it off! Today has been a very positive experience, all the staff have been really lovely. Make room on that losers bench!
Sarah x

Snap had my bypass at around 11 this morning and I too feel good much better that I expected. Glad to hear your doing well and will look forward to seeing you updates x

Oh Sarah I'm so chuffed for you !! I'm glad your ok. The staff on the ward are lovely. Walk as much as you can and do your breathing exercises. If you have dry mouth spray, try some of that as it has peppermint in it.

So pleased to hear your ok xxx

Thank you! Yes I've been walking up and down the ward and now been warned not to overdo it. Glad your op went well babyseed.

I haven't been given any breathing exercises or got the little machine but they are sorting it tomorrow. Been trying to take deep breaths. Still I feel a lot better that I expected x

It's breathing in you need to focus on, more than breathing out. I'm surprised they didn't give you a spirometer at your pre op ?

I've had no spirometer either bur was given a sheet at pre op which just said to do deep breaths and to move you feet x

Congratulations to both of you. Great to hear that you are both doing so well. xxx

Congrats and well done to both of you! x

Not too bad thanks Paula. Feel better now I'm up and washed and in my chair. Was quite uncomfortable in bed overnight. Surgeon was pleased with me and said I could have been discharged today if I'd lived local. Just having my 1st coffee and not sure how big a sip to take? X

Glad to hear your doing well Sarah. X

Back