• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

100 lbs down

blueeyes

The day is finally here! I don't know whether this deserves a post/thread or not, and pardon the bragging for a minute.. but I am super excited and so so happy to report that I've now lost ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (7st 2lbs). Woop! :party0011:

Sure I'm still a big woman. However I am nothing like the 27 stone woman I was 8 months ago. I feel fantastic, I love my bypass, and my bypass loves me. We get on great! I'm losing much slower now, which is probably partly due to me not always eating what I should be eating. I'm much much more active than I ever was in my entire life.

My confidence has increased so much. I am not one of those people who still sees themselves as their prior selves (pre surgery). I check my reflection anywhere I can, I am so happy about the way I look these days. Clothes shopping is fun now (size 22 vs size 32/34), in fact a lot of things in my life seem to be more fun now than they were before. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my life (literally and metaphorically) and it is finally my turn to live my life, at the grand old age of 36. :party0049:

With the weight loss come a lot of other changes though that I am still dealing with. The issues I have with and around food are not solved automatically with a bypass. It's a steep learning curve, this whole thing. I am still learning how to eat healthily and how to not use food to cope with stress and emotions. I am also trying hard to undo years of dieting and the mental pitfalls that come with that (falling off the wagon, starting again on Monday, oh well I've had the cake might as well have the ice cream - that sort of trash talk I used be a slave to and punish myself with).

I also want to say to all the pre-oppers, that some of my fears did not come true, thankfully. Pre-op I thought this operation would severely impact my social life (negatively) which consists of a lot of meals out! And whilst I don't frequent restaurants quite as often anymore, I can still go out with my friends and have a meal like everyone else. And much to the contrary of what I expected, my social life is improving! Because I can now do other things that don't only consist of sitting down somewhere or other. I can walk for miles, go swimming, go for nice walks in the countryside, I can stand for hours at a concert without back and knee pain, and I can ride a bike too! Just to name a few.

Anyway.. I'm rambling. Just wanted to share my happiness today with you all. This forum has helped me tremendously - thank you. :thankyou:

welldone.gif

well done girl its a great achivement ,i know just how u feel , keep up all the good work
steve

Wahoooo Fantastic well done, its a great feeling isnt it xx

Huge congratulations hun! Well done. See you next week? xx

Well done, huge pat on the back for your loss so far. It sounds like your life is improving drastically too:) This definitely deserved a new thread and you are inspirational to others - brag away, lol.

why not brag such a great acheivement, and thats what we are all here for, plus its inspirational to us at the beginning of our journey well done

I'll illustrate what a 100lb loss looks like with a few before and after pics - I don't like to call them after because I'm not done yet! lol But they help me to see the progress so far!!
Thanks all for your lovely comments xx

My honey loved me then just like he loves me now - thank goodness :)

birthday%252520dinner%252520005.jpg

IMG_0499.JPG

IMG_1683.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

OMG! I am astounded-you look at least 20 years younger and are SO pretty! You look like you're glowing with health. Fantastic achievement. Thanks for sharing !!

Aww I don't think anyone has ever called me pretty - thank you Miss Tickle xx

Well they will now. Just look at the third photo down-you have a beautiful face. Losing the weight has opened your eyes right up. I'm really old so when my weight goes down I'll be saggy and wrinkly-but healthy :eek:)

Wow well done u :) x great achievement Hun x

Well done - you look beautiful and so happy! :)

Back