• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newly gastric bypass post op

kimhargrave123

Hi everyone, I am in Leicester and had my gastric bypass on 26/3/15 at L & D Uni Hospital. Unfortunately it did not go according to plan. I was sent home from L & D on the 30/3 feeling very poorly. By Friday I had to return to L & D to undergo emergency surgery as the pouch had come apart, I had developed an abcys the size of a household toilet roll next to the pouch. They removed the access and took 500ml of puss from my body. I Was in a very bad way (sorry to be so grafic). I spent several days on HDU and was nil by mouth from the 4/4 until yesterday when it was confirmed that the pouch had healed and I had no more leaks. As you can imagine I was devastated that all was not well. During my stay I actually put a stone on which did not please me. I am now back home fighting fit, well a lot better than I have been (early days) ready to start my journey.

I would really appreciate some advise on what everyone had in phase 2, I am having smooth soups, milk shake (build up) and am attempting to eat a little pot of kiddies yougut but am having great difficulty in eating much at all. I think I am a little scared because of what has happened.

Please let me say that I still think this is the best thing I have ever done, after fighting weight problems all my life.

I will just say that the care that I have received both from my surgeon Mr Berraca and the nursing staff on ward 22 has been second to none. Absolutely fantastic and I thank them for getting me back on my feet

Watch this space xx

los in it

So sorry to read your story but things will get better the shock of things that went wrong will fade and im sure when the weight starts to melt away I hope and pray that you wil realise its the ( meaning the surgery) that as happened to you
All the very best in the meantime

weegie

Welcome Kim. Sorry to hear your post op woes, hopefully they are all behind you now and you recover quickly.

Take care

Chrissy