• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Life goes on after bypass :-)

pinklady130868

Hi everyone
Almost 4 weeks post bypass and doing great :) I've been out for a family meal tonight :) so life still goes on after bypass... Am still in purée til Monday but managed to order leek and potato soup which was yummy and I also had a tiny amount of mash potato, carrot and a tiny peice of turkey :)
So for everyone currently awaiting there ops, please don't mourn the social side of meals out or the type of foods you may miss out on. Life still goes on :)
I didn't feel like I've missed out on anything this evening, I took my time eating and made some positive changes to what I would normally pre op order at a carvery :)
I love my bypass and enjoy my new lifestyle, oh and most of all the weightloss is a bonus too lol x

Thank you for your cheerful post :)

mmm sounds good to me. xxx

I agree it's amazing how easily you can adapt meals out either at cafes, restaurants or friends you can manage to eat sensibly & well within your pouches requirements at each stage. A little bit of thought & the worlds still your oyster.

On our trip to Spain last month I even managed their 3 course menu. What! I can hear you all cry. Their 3 courses are basically 2 starter size portions & a dessert. Usually I had the chicken soup, followed by their wafer thin pork steaks or chicken steaks a couple of chips although hubby had 99.9% of them & usually half of the meat went in a plastic tub to have for supper, then fruit or a lovely vanilla custard for pudding. They leave you long enough between courses for it to slip through so I coped well.

penelope1008 said:
I agree it's amazing how easily you can adapt meals out either at cafes, restaurants or friends you can manage to eat sensibly & well within your pouches requirements at each stage. A little bit of thought & the worlds still your oyster.

On our trip to Spain last month I even managed their 3 course menu. What! I can hear you all cry. Their 3 courses are basically 2 starter size portions & a dessert. Usually I had the chicken soup, followed by their wafer thin pork steaks or chicken steaks a couple of chips although hubby had 99.9% of them & usually half of the meat went in a plastic tub to have for supper, then fruit or a lovely vanilla custard for pudding. They leave you long enough between courses for it to slip through so I coped well.

It's nice how you can adapt :)

I love going to buffet restaurants once a month. What's nice is I will just be able to choose a little and not feel I am leaving lots on my plate. I can't wait :)

I've been out for a family meal tonight :) .........and a tiny peice of turkey :)
x
Turkey already! You lucky s:eek:d I'm 6 weeks out and thought I had a cast iron stomach but can't face meat or poultry yet. Makes me feel :wave_cry:
You sound really happy though and we should be - its a fantastic new start for us.
Good luck Pinky.

Well done you I am 7 months post op now and i have also bben out for meals we still have to have a social life i haven;t been drinking much and i used to love adrink. We recently went a way on a short break and the food was lovely i just stuck to what i could eat and had alcohol every nite just not as much as i would have had and for the first time ever i came home and had put no weight on which was great. I haven't looked back since my op the puree bit is the worst because you just want to get your teeth into something. I don't feel hungry but if my body is hungry i feel bit queasy so its learnin to recognise the signs, i can tollerate just about all foods now the only one i have aproblem with is fish or tuna seems too dry and seems to feel as if it blocks the top of my stomach still try a bit from time to time cos eventually I should be able to eat it again also jacket potatoes do that apart from that can eat most stuff. Keep up the good work xx

Thanks for this

I am 28 days to surgery and was looking over the post op diet. I had a mini freak out especially since i will be having surgery a week before xmas but posts like your remind me that its going to all be ok eventually!

Back